The PREDATOR *** NSFW ***

The meerkats and ground squirrels around here are not very "tame" but the tree squirrel will come up and almost beg for food. All of these belong to the same family and are not far removed from each other. I always say one is never too old to learn and even though I have been in the wildlife game for 20 years, I still see something new all the time.
Okay, we can do without the mosquito's if you don't mind. LOL!! Even though they do have 32 teeth!!!

I like how these little beasts have similar niches, but not surprised even though they reside on separate continents. Studying the transitions and overlaps between the 3 deserts in my area I've noticed that as one species range fades, the niche it serves is filled by a similar animal, nearly always by a close cousin of the other with a slightly varied adaptation. Almost likewise for plants.

From first glance your site looks great. I'll be spending some time on it after I finish up on my snakes/lizards thing I'm on the back end of.

I wonder though, we have howling, carnivorous mice- you got something like that? :)

From first glance your site looks great. I'll be spending some time on it after I finish up on my snakes/lizards thing I'm on the back end of.

I wonder though, we have howling, carnivorous mice- you got something like that? :)
Nature is fascinating and I look forward to seeing your posting on snakes and lizards. Thank you for looking at my site, there are some interesting pics there. Also go to www.emeraldmarketing.co.za on which I have most of my cat pictures.
Howling, carnivorous mice??? No, thank goodness not!!! We have some cute shrews though like the Elephant Shrew but I have not done any photography on them though. If you have any questions on the animals, I would be happy to answer them.:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back