The promise pictures (and video) from hurricane Wilma from Naples, Fl...

David A

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, I did tell you guys that I'd get some pictures...now don't think they are going to be at all good or have any sort of composition in them...these are snapshots in their purest form. :lol: (Sorry to any of the mods/admin if this belongs in the Snapshot section...I just figured it'd get a bit more exposure here. :blushing: )

Ahh, now that it is finally over I can get back to trying to take some actual presentable picture...not like the disaster of a set this is... :lol:

I may post another set from in town where the real damage occurred...massive trees that fell...

Onto the pictures...

This is a picture out of my window during the actual hurricane...It was about 6 in the morning when I took this one...I think.

Here is the first picture of after the storm...

Here is a large tree that managed to fall on my neighbor's house and then place itself out on our road...

Here's a small palm tree that I used to take some pretty cool pictures of that is now laying on its side...

Here's an idea of how much water we have in our backyard...it's about 3 feet and then some...I know...don't ask.

This is another angle from the backyard where you can see some of the hedges that were blown over close to the pool cage...

More of the same...

And some more...

Here's a visual of how deep the water is...

An idea of just how large that tree really is...my neighbor walking towards me...(most likely on the phone with the insurance company)

Driving around surveying some of the damage in our neighborhood...

Poor trees...

Another tree that now will have to be removed...

"We love Naples"

Some of the standing water left on the road...

This tree is small compared to what I saw in town...

A large tree that was blocking one of the enterances and exits to my neighborhood...

AND HERE IS THE PROMISED VIDEO...

http://www.oriongraphix.com/david/Wilma.wmv

Ahh, finally, I can go take some pictures that I actually like in peace. :mrgreen:

I'm glad I'm chillin up in MN and not in the gulf coast with all the storms that have been hitting down there. I"m glad to see your okay and everything seems recoverable for you.

darin3200 said:
That's just crazy.
Really good pictures, the tell the story well :thumbup:

Ahh...damn, I just realized...this probably would have fit into the photojournalism section pretty well...doh! :p

Cesium 911 said:
Ahh...damn, I just realized...this probably would have fit into the photojournalism section pretty well...doh! :p

it doesn't matter. if you want it moved just tell me.

thanks for sharing these images David. i'm glad you, your family and neighbors faired well.

To my mind, these photos fit best in this, the General Gallery, because this is the most frequented and best visited of the galleries, and these should be seen by most!
Thank you for sharing both photos and the little video.
It is different to see photos by someone "we know" (well, sort of, don't we), than news coverage! It is much more personal.

I am happy to see that you and your family stayed comparatively safe.
The force of the winds must have been worse than anything I have ever experienced myself (and of a kind that I do not even WISH to experience ONCE!) if it could knock over so many thus large trees! Phew!

I'm glad to see you back here, safe and sound!
That counts most.
And for what they want to document, these photos are good photos!

Nice shots :thumbup: Go back and grab the Papaya's off the tree in the 4th picture, they will ripe in the window seal, yum!

Glad you and the family or okay, man them there hurricanes kicked our butts in the last 2 years, hope next year will be alittle more mild.

Most reactions

Back