The Race to Procreate

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Watching the plants in the garden this time of year and it really is a race. I swear sometimes I turn away for just a minute and when I look back they're bigger.

One of our peach trees -- just 22 days from this:

peaches_1.jpg

to this:

peaches_2.jpg

Joe

^I'm guessing it was actually vice-versa. :D

Pretty peach blooms! And I know just what you mean! My yard went from brown and barren, to green with things sprouting up all over…to completely overgrown in a matter of just a few weeks. NOT complaining, because it means it is finally WARM! but wow, what a tangled mess of weeds and vines I have right now, in amidst the small patches of grass and flowers.

The flower comes before the fruit in this case I believe. ;)

Hmmmm........... succulent, delicious peaches!!!!!!

Yeah, nature is at times simply amazing, and too much for mere words.

I used to have this wonderful, 1,000 y/o, gnarly peach tree at my old house. I loved that peach tree. Take good care of that tree, give it lots of hugs and good things to eat.

Pretty peach blooms! And I know just what you mean! My yard went from brown and barren, to green with things sprouting up all over…to completely overgrown in a matter of just a few weeks. NOT complaining, because it means it is finally WARM! but wow, what a tangled mess of weeds and vines I have right now, in amidst the small patches of grass and flowers.

Yep, my middle name right now is weedeater. I'm losing and my back hurts.

Joe

I used to have this wonderful, 1,000 y/o, gnarly peach tree at my old house. I loved that peach tree. Take good care of that tree, give it lots of hugs and good things to eat.

We grew it and it's brothers and sisters from seed. Got just a little fruit last year; this year should be our first year with a decent harvest. They show on Google maps now: Google Maps

The one in the photo is middle row 5th up from the street.

Joe

Nice, from seed makes it even better. Where did you get the seeds?

Yep, my middle name right now is weedeater. I'm losing and my back hurts.

Joe
Chemical warfare is approved by the Geneva Convention if used on weeds. Easier on the back. I'm at the point where some daily attention tends to keep everything under control.

Gary

I was expecting a picture of sperm...I guess that means its time for bed....to go to sleep that is.

I was expecting a picture of sperm...I guess that means its time for bed....to go to sleep that is.

Look real close in the first photo -- it's there.

Joe

My favorite part of spring hiking is hitting the trail around sun up and watching the forest 'wake up'. It's an amazing time.

It's a God thing..........

I almost didn't open the thread because my mind was waving in way too many direction in the gutter.

Glad I opened it, great shot, wish there was some stuff like that in my garden ^^

Nice, from seed makes it even better. Where did you get the seeds?

We ate peaches. We bought locally grown peaches from orchards in the region. Central Illinois is know for excellent peaches. Peaches aren't very heterozygous and will reproduce pretty true to type. The hard part is getting the peach seeds to germinate -- my botanist wife took care of that.

Joe

I almost didn't open the thread because my mind was waving in way too many direction in the gutter.

Glad I opened it, great shot, wish there was some stuff like that in my garden ^^

Thanks. Get started and plant a fruit tree. Peaches, plums, and apricots are three to four years to fruit bearing.

Joe

Most reactions

Back