The Rasterbator (move?)

RBMKAlpha

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/

Has anyone ever seen this before? You can take a relatively small image file and blow it up to massive sizes, and print it out. The cool thing is that the images can look really clear even when they are blown up to really huge sizes.

Quite a fun little program and a great way to waste toner/ink! ^___^

Note for mods/admin: I saw the "graphics programs" and missed the "tutorials" part (I swear it was moved to the next line down in my browser!) I think maybe this is in the wrong place and could be moved elsewhere. :oops:

It's ok for this in here, since it is software based.

Funny name, but take a look at the sample pics. My dad had a tshirt with a picture of me on it when I was a kid in the 80s, and it looked like that. It basically makes your image look like a pointilism drawing, only a really poor quality one, and your image is broken up into multiple sheets of paper. I think the quality sucks.

The quality is kinda' relative. You can play around the the pixel size. The thing is that when you have a large printout and view it from a distance, it can look pretty good.

I had a 2x1.5 m mohammad ali picture done using this on my wall. Took it down recently when i re arranged my room.

I had a nice one of a painting called "Grey and Gold" by John Cox. Did it in color, too.

I still use a dot matrix printer.

I send all my photo prints out, so the dotter is for labels and the like. I cant tell you how many ink jet printers I have ruined over my few years trying to print with them.

I send a 6 meg jpg file to an on line printer and he returns a 20x30 with every mistake I sent him still there, so I am positive it is a print what I get service. I confident that I can do all the corrections I want and he doesn't change anything. Poster prints are under twenty bucks including shipping it back. I never had a printer that had a bed that large. If I did, I would use more ink and paper trying to get a 'what you see is what you get print'.

Most reactions

Back