The reason I'm so happy!!!

clarinetJWD

The Naked Spammer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
jwdphotography.com
Well, there are two. 1) I made the top orchestra at my school for this semester :mrgreen:
2) I'll let these speak for themselves ;)

Mt.jpg

Peabodyforum.jpg

Washingtonforum.jpg

Holy wow those are cool. Could you give a bit more insight into how you did that? I'd love to undestand the technique.

Okay Joe, your's beat the heck out of mine. What technique did you use in coloring on these? Congrats on the new filter...now we're gonna go IRaholic on this place :lol: IR plus Vents equals insanity :lmao:

The technique:
The first and most important thing; an IR filter. I personally use the Hoya R72 filter.
OK, so after I get the picture on my computer, it has a very very red tone to it, because the D70 senses IR frequencies in on the red spectrum (apparently some are green, too)
For the B&W one, all I did was desaturate, and increase the contrast.
The Orange/brown one was a result of "auto levels" with a tad of tweaking
The dark blue one was the hardest. I played around with the color channel mixer until I had a pleasing color, then brightness and contrast

The rest of you, thanks, and you all need IR filters, too. They're worth the price :mrgreen:

Hey Joe.....just killer shots. Very well done. I gotta get one of these filters.

Thanks!
Yep, you need one, Chiller
Kelox--unfortunately I'm only there for 1 semester, then I move down. But I do get to play Rite of Spring ;)

Most reactions

Back