The red bars and text on these forums.

Charles89

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How would you describe the red of on the forums. (the red text of the forum categories and the different red bars)

I ask this because Im calibrating my colors and I need help :)

Blood red, but slightly brighter...

Not pure red, but not very dark either. Not quite true blood red.

If I go through my wife's lipstick & nail polish collection, I might be able to find a color that's pretty close, lol.

How would you describe the red of on the forums. (the red text of the forum categories and the different red bars)

I ask this because Im calibrating my colors and I need help :)
If you're not using at least a colorimeter device and it's associated software, you're not really calibrating but at best estimating. Your question assumes anyone answering has an a correctly calibrated monitor too.

On of the interesting things about human vision is we all see colors slightly differently, because our brains individually filter what we see based on our expectations.

Get one of these when they're in stock again: X-Rite | Eye-One Display 2 Colorimeter Monitor Profile | EODIS2

Edit: You're the one having print problems? If so you need a spectrophotometer to calibrate the monitor and printer so you need: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...CMUNPH_ColorMunki_Photo_Color_Management.html

Sadly Im a college student, and I cant afford 200$ for the moment :p

quick question....

how do you calibrate your monitor?

Can you calibrate a laptop screen/monitor?

I do it trough my Nvidia Control Pannel.

Btw I finally managed to get my monitor and printer to work good togerther. They are still not EXACTLY the same, but its good.

Thx everyone.

I think your best bet is to just print off small images *postcard size or smaller) to see how the colours come out and when they are too your liking do the larger prints. Sadly this will cost you in ink and (to make you paranoid ) calibration needs to be done more than once since devices will fall out of sync. Most monitors need recalibrating every few weeks - printers I have no idea but most printing labs do their calibration on a daily basis (first thing they do).
This of course will cost you - in ink (which is more expensive than petrol!) You could get round it by printing with a printing lab - then you would only need to calibrate to their system (postcard images till they look right) once and hope that your monitor remains fairly stable after that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back