The Remnant

Verbal

$100
Reaction score
These are the last salvagable shots in my stock folder...that means I have to go on another photoshoot!

The first couple are in color, and then I'll post them in black and white as well... I'm not sure which I prefer so I'll leave it up to you.

This one was posted earlier, but I wasn't happy with it, so I cropped, rotated, and Black and Whited it.

I like color on both the first two!!! The shot of the mansion is kinda blah w/out the vivid blue imho. I like the small amount of bright color in the alley shot.
Don't really care for the last shot much.

clemeys said:
I like color on both the first two!!! The shot of the mansion is kinda blah w/out the vivid blue imho. I like the small amount of bright color in the alley shot.
Don't really care for the last shot much.

Thanks! I don't really care for the last shot either... oh wells. But that "mansion" is actually an old court house! It's a neat building

The alley shot is really good. I'm a b/w fan, but I think the color version works equally as well. I just think it will depend on who's looking at it.

If I hadn't seen the color first, I would really like the b/w. But there's something about that green tint on the left, and the slight red on the right.

I like the cery first of them and the last one!!!! good job!!

woodsac said:
The alley shot is really good. I'm a b/w fan, but I think the color version works equally as well. I just think it will depend on who's looking at it.

If I hadn't seen the color first, I would really like the b/w. But there's something about that green tint on the left, and the slight red on the right.
I agree with Jake on this one.

If only you would of had more of a cloudy sky on the courthouse shot it would been Beneficial for the B&W conversion. I like the shot regardless.

That alley shot captures me now as much as the one I have just seen and commented on captured me ... and although I am the known TPF colour-freak, I say I really like the black and white conversion of this one. Though I am a bit confused over the two... they both have merits of their own.

The old court house looks best in colour for there are so many there that work nicely together (the red against the blue of the sky). And the garden loses all its detail in the black and white version, while it so nicely pics up the reds of the house, as we can see in the colour photo.

The last one is a bit sad, expressing late fall gloom, but it is not quite as strong as the first.

LaFoto said:
That alley shot captures me now as much as the one I have just seen and commented on captured me ... and although I am the known TPF colour-freak, I say I really like the black and white conversion of this one. Though I am a bit confused over the two... they both have merits of their own.

The old court house looks best in colour for there are so many there that work nicely together (the red against the blue of the sky). And the garden loses all its detail in the black and white version, while it so nicely pics up the reds of the house, as we can see in the colour photo.

The last one is a bit sad, expressing late fall gloom, but it is not quite as strong as the first.

Thanks LaFoto! I appreciate the comments!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back