The Richter Scale

I like the original, blue-hued shot also....

But I am intrigued--how does the 20 ounce Diet Mountain Dew figure into the equation? Replenishment of fluid loss from bouncing around trying to get the sheets of paper looking the way I wanted.

I know you're an experienced photographer KmH, so your opinion matters to me. I'm considering buying either a 20 ounce screw-cap bottle of soda from a local vending machine,and wanted to know your opinion: is the 20 oz. Mountain Dew a better choice than the 20 oz. Coke Classic or the 20 oz. Orange Crush orange soda that they have at the bottom? The price is $1.25 from the vending machine, but I have seen some cut-price vending machines selling 12 ounce cans of Shasta-brand cola,root beer, various clear Un-cola type sodas, and orange sodas for 35 cents per can, which is significantly cheaper than the $1.25 for the name-brand, 20 oz. sodas. Buy in bulk from Costco. The bigger the bottle the lower the unit cost.

My questions are: is it worth more for the name brand sodas in the bigger,screw-cap plastic bottles? Yes Or are the smaller, open-only-once 12 oz. cans a better deal? NO Is it worth it to pay for the big name brands, or is Shasta as good as say, Orange Crush, or Coca~Cola? Maybe Which would be better at a wedding or for a portrait session? None of the above What about can versus bottle deposit? The bottle deposit is 10 cents, the can is 5 cents where I live: is this a significant factor, in your experience KmH? Doesn't matter here in Iowa. $0.05 is $0.05 Is it safe to buy from a cut-rate, 3rd party soda pop vending machine, or is it usually better to buy from a well-known, "name brand" vending machine? See the Costco reference above.

And also, what flavor or flavors would you suggest for daytime, hot-weather soda-drinking? Orange-based, Like The DEW. I am tempted to go with the lower-cost, smaller 12 oz cans of Shasta soda, but am worried that people will think my soda is cheap--and so I am tempted to spend the extra to get the 20 oz, bottled, name brand soda. Your thoughts? 20oz Baby!
;)

Thank you Mr. KmH...I shall print out your advices and ponder them before going to the vending machines to make my next soda purchase. Thank you very much!

Great work Keith. And Derrel, thank you for that. I'm still chuckling.

I'm loving the blue version of this shot. Each one I see of these seems better than the last. Although, with forums, I'm not sure of the chronology.

Thanks Buckster.

Thanks oldmacman, I've posted them in pretty much chronological order. I'm definately learning to manipulate the medium as I go.

Most reactions

Back