The river Lagan(9 pics)

chris82

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
shutterbugs.myfreeforum.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I walked along the river Lagan today,I got some good weather too.I enjoyed it.Heres some of the shots I took.What do you all think?

1)Tranquill

gtranquill.jpg

2)History

great1.jpg

3)He looks like hes enjoying himself!

grrr.jpg

4)I invited these Moo Moos over for a chat but they were having none of it

gmoomoo.jpg

5)Dont look at him!Thats what he wants us to do!!

gmoo.jpg

6)Late summer

glife.jpg

Some sun sets from the day.

7)
galmosthome.jpg

8 )
ggg.jpg

9)
gcomin2nd.jpg

Hope you like them.All C&C welcomed.

chris82 said:

lol ;) sometimes it needs a bump in here ;)

7 is really nice i think! :)

6 has a nice composition with the bridge in the blurred background. but probably you have a white balance problem here ... that can be solved in postprocessing in a RAW converter or PS though.

4 and 5 .. well the cows were not very cooperative... that is normal, animals can be tricky without a tele lens... I am always in trouble with sheep, they always walk away and look away ;)

3 is a good start ... fast moving animals in close up are very tough! however you certainly got the speed and the motion in that one. shorter exposure time (higher ISO/smaller f-stop) will improve the dog's sharpness, again here white balance seems off.

2 has got the right exposure, a different crop might make it more interesting.

1 has some problem with the light there., seems overexposed but also somewhat flare-ish. I suppose you were facing the sun? not sure though what went wrong.

Chris, congrats on your new camera. Try avoiding shooting in the harsh sunlight unless there's a reason for so doing because I see the lightening in your photos is too unfavorable. The first one is a really nice scene, if you lower brightness a bit, maybe you see a better one. What do you think?

I like number 7 and 8, especially 8. :thumbup:

Nice shootin Chris. 7 and 8 are my faves.

I've always thought that there is a lot more in the first photo than what we get to see here now and that a bit of tweaking in PS (levels ... this photo has no blacks at all for quite a while) would help it. So I took the freedom to play with it a little ... may I show my results?

And I really like your Photo 6, "Late Summer". I like the chosen focus and the droplets on the flower with the bridge only forming a (still recognisable, but out of focus) background.

7 is very good

chris82_gtranquil.jpg

I opened it in Photoshop, went to "Image" then "Adjust" then "Levels" and saw in the levels that there was absolutely no "mountain" in the histogramme on the lefthand side (dark tones). So I pulled the lever to the right until I felt it was OK.

Then I was still unhappy with the pale trees in the middle, lassoed them with the lasso tool and a 150px feather and further darkened those a little.

In the end I added a bit of USM (unsharp mask) of 50% at a radius of 0,5 px.

That's it. You like it?

You have a good start here Chris. I like 6 and 7 the best, but your number 2 has an excellent exposure. See how you are improving? Very good!

P.S. Lafoto, great edit. :)

Most reactions

Back