The Riverman

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Shot with Vivitar 400mm on Canon EF, ASA 800 (Uncropped full frame)
722761_017_1.jpg

Bigger here

Last edited:
Help! :shock:
The river comes running out of my screen an onto my desk! Papers, away! The water's coming!!! :shock:

:wink:

Sorry.
Nice reflection of the sky.
What was "the riverman" doing? Fishing? I can't see neither rod nor line...

Help! :shock:
The river comes running out of my screen an onto my desk! Papers, away! The water's coming!!! :shock:

:wink:

Sorry.
Nice reflection of the sky.
What was "the riverman" doing? Fishing? I can't see neither rod nor line...

Survey of the river of some sort, I was too far away to see what exactly he was up to, but I do know he was federal conservation branch of some form or another.

Thanks, that reflection played havok with my scanner.

I think the shot is interesting but the lighting seems a little flat and the horizon being off center throws me off...

Not much grain for asa 800 and nice color rendition. Great Job.

If I'm not mistaken, DeadEye, this was ASA400 film...

I definitely like this photo, especially all the water included in the frame. It makes me seems as if I am there...

I like the scale of space in this shot.Lokks like your getting some great weather aswell,

Thanks, and we where getting some great weather at the time but it got nasty over the last few days, nothing but rain and wind.

Not much grain for asa 800 and nice color rendition. Great Job.

Yeah, I've been paying attention lately, I can't tell you howmany times I've been told/read to overexpose slightly to decrease the appearance of the grain, but up untill about a month ago I just could not seem to put it into practice with any consistancy.

I like the colors

Thanks, Believe it or not I actually had to reduce the color saturation about ten points during processing. I generally run just about everything threw an tonal range maximizing to get everything the film got. After finding the source of the color casting issues I have been having and the process of eliminating that, I have found color :lmao:

I definitely like this photo, especially all the water included in the frame. It makes me seems as if I am there...

Thanks. I was a little surprised (in a good way) at how little the hight difference shows in this, this was shot from twenty feet or so from the surface. :D

If I'm not mistaken, DeadEye, this was ASA400 film...

DeadEye has been viewing my work for a wile, In fact he is the person I bought that lens from :D. He is correct on the film speed.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I know. I was, like, really? And I went back and saw it and was like, How could I have missed that FOUR times??? I feel like a ditz... :er:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I know. I was, like, really? And I went back and saw it and was like, How could I have missed that FOUR times??? I feel like a ditz... :er:

Yeah, I used to get a lot of comments about noise (Still do but not as bad now) so I started adding the Film speed information to the bulk of my photo threads. It's usually right above the image and the first thing to come up, tho sometimes I fimd my self putting it under the image, but that is not very common. Also I opt to use the older "ASA" to diferentiate film from my rare digital pictures where I will use "ISO" if not auto.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back