Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Road-Less-Taken.jpg

Overall I really like this shot. I think there are a couple minor things that you could change, not necessarily to make it better, but maybe as a different version.

It's hard to tell becuase of the small size, but it looks like there's some jpeg blocking in the sky.

Also, have you thought about cropping part of the sky out? Make that road really dominate almost the entire frame? That'd be cool.

I would also recommend cropping out alot of the sky. It would have been really nice if the horizon was more of a sky blue than a washed out white.

On this monitor some of the areas looked a bit over exposed towards the grass tops, etc.

Thanks for the critique.

This is cropped from the original which had even more sky. I was using a polarizer and the sky had a great blue gradient, getting more saturated the higher up in the frame.

I the crop I chose was a compromise between cutting out the plain sky while trying to keep some of that great blue hue.

I'm still working on my work flow for scanning/editing/saving/uploading. The image is degraded from how it looks on my print.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back