The road Less Taken

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by Big Mike, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    [​IMG]

2. Sharkbait

Sharkbait TPF Noob!

Overall I really like this shot. I think there are a couple minor things that you could change, not necessarily to make it better, but maybe as a different version.

It's hard to tell becuase of the small size, but it looks like there's some jpeg blocking in the sky.

Also, have you thought about cropping part of the sky out? Make that road really dominate almost the entire frame? That'd be cool.

3. bogleric

bogleric TPF Noob!

I would also recommend cropping out alot of the sky. It would have been really nice if the horizon was more of a sky blue than a washed out white.

On this monitor some of the areas looked a bit over exposed towards the grass tops, etc.

4. ZacKrohn

ZacKrohn TPF Noob!

I like it alot! I think it does look a little pixely though...maybe thats my moniter? Overall very cool.

5. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks for the critique.

This is cropped from the original which had even more sky. I was using a polarizer and the sky had a great blue gradient, getting more saturated the higher up in the frame.

I the crop I chose was a compromise between cutting out the plain sky while trying to keep some of that great blue hue.

I'm still working on my work flow for scanning/editing/saving/uploading. The image is degraded from how it looks on my print.

6. thebassman

thebassman TPF Noob!

I like the shot as well... is it purposefully saturated? I think it works well for the shot... the brownish yellows and the blue sky looks great with the extra saturation. :D