The Rosston General Store

John

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.picturetrail.com
These images are from one of the oldest continuously operating stores in Texas. Dating back to the late 1800's Earnst and his wife help keep it going.
66408611.jpg

66408150.jpg

66408540.jpg

66408405.jpg

These are good shots, but overall, I think that they are a bit overexposed. Try darkening them up a bit, and maybe adding a bit of contrast. Otherwise, I like what you've done here, good job!!

:thumbsup:

ShutterBug4_4 said:
These are good shots, but overall, I think that they are a bit overexposed. Try darkening them up a bit, and maybe adding a bit of contrast. Otherwise, I like what you've done here, good job!!

Thanks for the comments. I normally avoid mid-day shooting, however that's the case here. I fooled around with the contrast a bit too much, I suppose. Again, thank you for the comments, both pro and con. That's how we learn, is it not?...JCB

ShutterBug4_4 said:

I told you wrong. After checking back, I see that it was an overcast day. Below is the original image. You'll notice the water puddles in the foreground. I guess I tried too hard to expose Earnst
, Who is sitting under the awning on the porch. I had the Rosston store mixed up with the later shoot at the Telephone Texas store.
66745079.jpg

Most reactions

Back