The Rule of Turds

:lmao:

Looks like the rubbing and self-indulgent fondling begins.

Are you calling me out?

I have some of my work posted in the mentoring thread.

I post yet do not post photos of my work because I refuse to use photobucket flicckr or any other photo hosting sites, I do not trust them nor do I trust other people from stealing my photos right off one of those sites. If I could posts photos directly frommy computer I would but until then no chance.

Doesn't TPF offer a gallery to subscribers? If ur ok with posting ur photos here certainly u would be ok with hosting them here? Besides, how much really could anyone profit from a 600x800 image they saved off the internet? :sillysmi:

Inadequacies in hosting arrangements is not the problem. From what I understand the problem is the quality of the photos, it is so beautiful, and it would burn our eyes to see such beauty! Our poor, poor, eyes! Can you not see that not-posting is for our own good? And, and the photos,... they would be stolen, and placed in magazines and books and published and used for,... EVIL!

And, and the photos,... they would be stolen, and placed in magazines and books and published and used for,... EVIL!

You sound like some right wing conservative talking about liberal viewpioints.
Do I have to pay to host my images here? if not then I surely would but if I have to pay then I wont why should I have to pay so other peple can view my photos. If you want to see them go to my website. I find I look at members photos more on their website than on this site. Why would I want to post anyways so I can get remarks like "great photo" "I love the colors" "wow" Imnot trying to say I thinm my work is great Imsaying most members here who reply to photo posts offer nothing of value and seemto know nothing about what makes a strong photograph.

Inadequacies in hosting arrangements is not the problem. From what I understand the problem is the quality of the photos, it is so beautiful, and it would burn our eyes to see such beauty! Our poor, poor, eyes! Can you not see that not-posting is for our own good? And, and the photos,... they would be stolen, and placed in magazines and books and published and used for,... EVIL!

:lol:

I don't see a link or any reference to your website... where might we find it? And if ur hosting ur photos on ur own site, then hosting them is not a problem, so ur Photobucket/Flickr excuse doesn't hold water... :sillysmi:

You sound like some right wing conservative talking about liberal viewpioints.
Do I have to pay to host my images here? if not then I surely would but if I have to pay then I wont why should I have to pay so other peple can view my photos. If you want to see them go to my website. I find I look at members photos more on their website than on this site. Why would I want to post anyways so I can get remarks like "great photo" "I love the colors" "wow" Imnot trying to say I thinm my work is great Imsaying most members here who reply to photo posts offer nothing of value and seemto know nothing about what makes a strong photograph.

I think you may be surprised to find out that you may not get the "attaboys" and "praise be to you's", you think you will be flooded with. If you know so much, then show examples. If you're incapable or inadequate then deal with it in other ways than taking it out on someone that's really trying to give it a shot.

So how are your comments "of value?"

You do not know what you are talking about. I cant link from my site because my photos display in simple viewer not justa gallery there is n URL to link. So therefore my photobucket excuse does hold water. Also for website purposes the photos you upload to a photo hosting site are usable so any web designer can just pluck then right off your site and onto theirs.

I feel my comments are of value because they give advice not just praise of fault. And I did post photos here in the past and recieved the false praiseI speak of. That was before Ilearned the dangersa of photo hosting sittes look through my history you find posts that had photos in them at one point. I just found the feedback to be useless.

If you want to see them go to my website.

Ok, I want to see them... how do I get to ur website? Do you sell ur photos? Why are u so concerned about being stolen from? Is ur work really so awesome that u believe that there are people out there, just waiting, to steal ur photos? Statistically speaking, with the amount of images hosted on the net, what are the chances that yours will fall victim? And what is the value of your images which you would be cheated out of if they were stolen? How is anyone supposed to judge the value of your advice if you have no work on display to back it up with? And above all, isn't the true joy of photography sharing your work with others? What sort of person thinks their photos are theft worthy but wants to keep them all to themselves? Sorry D-50, but what u r saying make no sense to me. :sillysmi:

I just found the feedback to be useless.

Okay, a different tack;

The following is NOT directed at you personally, but I would like to hear what you (and any others that have a mind to) have to say.

How did you determine this feedback to be useless?

How were you failed by positive input?

Do you feel you have to be spoon fed your errors?

How has your providing negative feedback improved your skills?
-

You do not know what you are talking about. I cant link from my site because my photos display in simple viewer not justa gallery there is n URL to link. So therefore my photobucket excuse does hold water. Also for website purposes the photos you upload to a photo hosting site are usable so any web designer can just pluck then right off your site and onto theirs.

OK, you've piqued my interest now, I'd like to know how we find your website and the viewer you mention. Are you willing to share that with us?

I post quite a lot of my work. I am never really bothered by false praise nor do i take it to seriously. I appreciate any comment. I am very thankful for people who give me critique i can learn from. And when comments like that come along i judge the comment by work i find of the other users.

I also comment on peoples work. I try and make it constructive and I try and stick to people with less experience than me. Or people that i like something in particular.

Most reactions

Back