The sacre-coeur in Paris

Rolleistef

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,
may I have a small critic about this photo of on of the symbol of the most beautiful city in the world (paris, my place!!!)?
Thanks a lot.
It was made with an Olympus IS200 (R.I.P) and a roll of TMax 400 .
Critics sounding like : "the dustbin may be the right place for this picture" are to avoid, please ONLY post intelligent and helpful critics. Thanks!

sss...ugar! I forgot the picture!!!:banghead:

is.php

Interesting looking place. Contrast and tone look decent. Shot with an extreme wide-angle - causing a bit of perspective narrowing at the top. This can easily be fixed in photo-manipulation software.

Next time try leaving a little room at the top instead of the cut-off appearance of the one tower.

The other thing to mention might be the bleakness of the sky - but not much you could do about that...

Tuna

Votre photo est très belle… elle me rend triste puisque la Paris me manque tellement... merci bien pour le souvenir ! J’attends les autres... Bon courage!
Salut,
Chris

merci beaucoup Chris,

Sergiozal, if you want to make the same photo, when you arrive on the front of the church, take the way on your right till you arrive at a flight of stairs which go down the hill. (these are really nice in photo).
If you want some "different" photos from paris, just continue after the Place du Tertre (on the left of the church) and go straight on and you'll arrive at the "village" part of the place.
Thanks again, I'll try to fix the contrast.:)

Rolleistef said:
If you want some "different" photos from paris, just continue after the Place du Tertre (on the left of the church) and go straight on and you'll arrive at the "village" part of the place.

That would be Montmartre (sp?). That's a great area for photos with the artists drawing their subjects and accordian players wandering through the crowds playing traditional French music. I love Paris.

On the photo, I agree with the comment about the sky. It would be an idea to use photoshop to put in a "stormy" looking sky for dramatic effect.

This photo is almost perfect. The only thing I wish is that the people were not in it. I think the low contrast, diffused look is perfect for this. Interesting subject matter as well. Is this your usual style? I'd like to see more images in this style, it is different from other landscapes I've been seeing. Very Parisian, I think. It looks like old motion picture film stock.

Most reactions

Back