The screen on my Digital BLED!!!!

Ms_jessica

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
what could have caused this? is it fixable? or is it doomed? :(

i can still take pictures and upload them .. i just cant view them on the screen.. so i cant see what im doing if i wanted to change the settings.. its just white and its got like an ink blotch lookin thing goin across it....

help

It will be just like film photography. In the old days you couldn't see what you got until the film was developed. Pretty scary huh?

A sharp blow to the screen could cause it.

If it's at room temperature, and it's still doing that, the screen is doomed. The display is cracked internally.

Sounds like you're going to have to get the LCD replaced. One of my cameras (A520) has a cracked LCD right now... As soon as I can find out the part number of the LCD I'll try to find a new one.

so another way for saying buy a new one..

well... i guess my baby is officially dead...

RIP canon =(

LCD (Liquid Crystal Display)...if it's bleeding...then you probably lost the liquid.

What camera are we talking about here? A DSLR may be worth fixing, for a few hundred. A point & shoot...probably not worth it.

also, be careful who does it, i know a guy who replaces the screens in ipods etc, he owns pda-smart. anyways, for apple to replace a monitor in my bro-in laws 17" laptop they wanted $1600, this guy can do it for a few hundred.

look him up and see if he can get the part.

If you can find one cheap enough (ebay?) it may be worth fixing. Doing it yourself could help save some bucks too. Not sure if you feel comfortable taking apart a camera though.

jeeper said:
If you can find one cheap enough (ebay?) it may be worth fixing. Doing it yourself could help save some bucks too. Not sure if you feel comfortable taking apart a camera though.

if the camera is doomed then there may be nothing to lose by trying it yourself. if you fix it then you're quids in.....if you can't or make it worse then your no worse off than where yyou were before you started.

Alternatively you could go with fmw's advice and basically use it like film. Not as convenient but you can still downlaod and only print selected images so not a total loss.

my office had a camera where the screen broke but they continued to use it for months after....it's a local authority so what else do you expect!!!!!:D

If your camera has a video out plug (I think most of them do), you could hook it up to a TV to change settings and do other stuff you would normally need the LCD for.

Not the best solution, but it should get you by 'til you get it fixed or buy a new camera.

Most reactions

Back