The seller has listed the defective RX100 M3 I sent back

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was browsing through eBay this morning and decided to check to see if the guy had listed the RX100 M3 I returned back and sure enough, he did.

This is the EXACT camera I returned as defective: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100MIII DSC-RX100M3 Digital Camera

Here is what he wrote in the description:

PLEASE READ FULL DESCRIPTION and See all pictures BEFORE PURCHASE. I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY RETURN IN THIS CASE.

This is used Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100MIII DSC-RX100M3 20.1 MP Digital Camera - black. Works great. There is no much sign of use on the body and lens is clean. There are surface scratches from everyday use on LCD display. It does not effect good view of LCD display when camera is power on (last picture). If you look for this camera (any of versions: M2, M3, M4) you know this is great performance little camera. If you do not worry about esthetic (LCD display look) you will enjoy this camera as any other great condition unit. If you are concerned about how the LCD looks vs. performance please do not buy:). Includes: camera, battery (is included, forgot to remove from camera for picture) , charger, usb cable, neck strap and manual/papers.

He doesn't mention how the camera is ummm...defective. There is something wrong either with the shutter mechanism, software or other hardware issue. But he's listing it as working good.

I'd really hate for someone else to get this camera and having to go through what I went through. I wish there was a way I could report it and let eBay know what happened and that the seller is selling a defective camera. But there doesn't appear to be.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The seller done right by you. At this stage I'd say it's not your concern

I know its not my concern anymore, but just the thought of this seller selling this defective camera to another innocent person just bugs me!

Your heart is in the right place, but if you worry about everything, well, you'll end up just worrying

Yeah...this is true. Oh well, but I'm still going to write about my experience on my blog anyways! lol

I was browsing through eBay this morning and decided to check to see if the guy had listed the RX100 M3 I returned back and sure enough, he did.

This is the EXACT camera I returned as defective: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100MIII DSC-RX100M3 Digital Camera

Here is what he wrote in the description:

PLEASE READ FULL DESCRIPTION and See all pictures BEFORE PURCHASE. I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY RETURN IN THIS CASE.

This is used Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100MIII DSC-RX100M3 20.1 MP Digital Camera - black. Works great. There is no much sign of use on the body and lens is clean. There are surface scratches from everyday use on LCD display. It does not effect good view of LCD display when camera is power on (last picture). If you look for this camera (any of versions: M2, M3, M4) you know this is great performance little camera. If you do not worry about esthetic (LCD display look) you will enjoy this camera as any other great condition unit. If you are concerned about how the LCD looks vs. performance please do not buy:). Includes: camera, battery (is included, forgot to remove from camera for picture) , charger, usb cable, neck strap and manual/papers.

He doesn't mention how the camera is ummm...defective. There is something wrong either with the shutter mechanism, software or other hardware issue. But he's listing it as working good.

I'd really hate for someone else to get this camera and having to go through what I went through. I wish there was a way I could report it and let eBay know what happened and that the seller is selling a defective camera. But there doesn't appear to be.
This is why eBay is such a gamble. They will pass on a problem in hopes it just goes away.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
There is always the seller feedback feature if you really need to feel like you did something. No reason you can't slip in the fact that he re-listed a defective item with a misleading description in the feedback you leave. I know with high-end purchases (a relative term, to be sure) I always read the negative and neutral feedback for the seller first.

There is always the seller feedback feature if you really need to feel like you did something. No reason you can't slip in the fact that he re-listed a defective item with a misleading description in the feedback you leave. I know with high-end purchases (a relative term, to be sure) I always read the negative and neutral feedback for the seller first.

Besides he literally told me to not leave negative feedback. I rather get not negative feedback from him either though. Unless he can't, I don't know.

Besides he literally told me to not leave negative feedback. I rather get not negative feedback from him either though. Unless he can't, I don't know.

Wait until the very last moment you're allowed to leave feedback, then give him a big red negative. The idea here is he won't be able to leave you any feedback (if he hasn't already), good or bad.

Well, it has been sold to another victim.

What's funny though is that I was talking about it on Twitter and eBay saw it and now I'm chatting with them and they might be investigating this matter. Because they said that it's against their policy to relist an defective item and state its working normal.

Of course this seller would probably just get a slap on the wrist if they did find the seller at fault. Just feel bad for the next person who gets it but its no longer my problem anymore anyways.

You can leave him negative feedback. Sellers can only leave positive feedback for buyers.

You bought a camera, it had a problem and you got refund. I'm not sure why you want to give negative feedback. What's to say the seller didn't get a technician to go over your return unit, then re-list it.Just sayin...

You bought a camera, it had a problem and you got refund. I'm not sure why you want to give negative feedback. What's to say the seller didn't get a technician to go over your return unit, then re-list it.Just sayin...

That may be true, but it goes to the ethics of the seller. He listed and sold an item with issues and did not disclose them. That transaction is what the feedback is, was, and is intended for.

Well, it has been sold to another victim.

What's funny though is that I was talking about it on Twitter and eBay saw it and now I'm chatting with them and they might be investigating this matter. Because they said that it's against their policy to relist an defective item and state its working normal.

Of course this seller would probably just get a slap on the wrist if they did find the seller at fault. Just feel bad for the next person who gets it but its no longer my problem anymore anyways.
Let us know what happens with eBay.

That may be true, but it goes to the ethics of the seller. He listed and sold an item with issues and did not disclose them. That transaction is what the feedback is, was, and is intended for.

You could be right. Also the seller could have sold something in good faith and it developed a problem. I am not playing devils advocate - I am even in a situation now where I bought a secondhand Nikon 300mm f4 AF-S lens in January that is plaguing me with autofocus issues that I have been told is a focus lens issue inside. If I could get a refund on this I'd give a triple A+ feedback to the seller, but it was a once off seller I met and it tested ok. Was it ok? seemed so but its not ok now. The feedback probably should be for transaction, yes. But like any electronic component, things happen. I am of the view that though it was inconvenient, OP was not out of pocket- positive feedback for seller

Most reactions

Back