JonK

I want MORE!!
Reaction score
Website
www.jonkilimnikphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some shots from an outing yesterday
I'm including the window cos I shot it the same day and I like it and have no ohers I really want to post alongside it....so I've chukked it in with the silo shots :D

1 - Bolts
50647011_3f829f139f_o.jpg

2 - Steel Rays
50645871_02860bb1ca_o.jpg

3 - Climbin the Wall
50645459_4f550f3f8e_o.jpg

4 - Silo Abstractus :mrgreen:
50644147_a0e4bdc353_o.jpg

5 - Stained Glass
50646563_fe00c58c37_o.jpg

Note: #4 - all blur is from DOF setting - no PS.

Ah! Promise kept! Here are the new abstracts! :D

You really like to go close up to things, don't you?
I like all the angles and lines, light distribution and shapes (round screws while everything else is angular) and also the texture in the first. After some thinking, I am now coming to the conclusion that I like the first best of all.

The window is also very nice, but in this very case I am conservative and would have wanted to see it all straight. What must never ever get lost though is the "flowing rust" on the wood underneath! That is about the best bit, along with the fact that the top glass apparently is blue and green --- do we see a mirror inside the house with this window's reflection or another window exactly opposite this one?

Wow.

Number 4 and 5 struck me the best. I probably stared the longest at number 5 due to the rectangle about the window. I just ahd to ask myself why it was originally boarded up and why it was later taken down. (Then again, that could just be an assumption that it was boarded up). But I like them all :thumbup:

Thanks omelletteman! :D

Lafoto...here ya go...sumthin to soothe yer conservative nature:
straight4nz.jpg

The other of the two windows. You are seeing thru the church to the window on the other wall.
Thanks for looking :D

peanuts...glad you like em...the church is in bad shape but may be used now and again for special occasions. There are metal screens over the windows hence the rust staining below them.

Ach!
It's a church!?!?!?
Well...
Thanks for "soothing my conservative nature" right before I'll go to bed now. My sweet dreams will now be guaranteed, heehee :D.

THe first one is a great photo. So many contrasting elements of line and curve, softness and sharpness. I also really like the last (and unlike LaFoto, I think the angle is great ;) )
But all of these shots are quite pleasing in their own respect

wonderful series Jon..
love em all dont know where to start really ;)
fantastic compositions and exposures as per your usual :mrgreen:
#1 and 2.. love the lines and the tones are cool
#3 i know who'se hand that it ;) spiderman??? :biglaugh:
#4 suhweeeet dof.. and the overall feel of the image is very cool :thumbsup:
#5 angle is pretty neat as is the rust :)
thanks for sharing :D

Thanx speedo! :D

ClarinetJWD....thanks for the comment; glad you enjoy the complexity of #1 and ...yeh I'm into the angled version of the window myself ;)

Mansi..my spidey senses are tingling...how'd you know??? :lol: :lmao: thanks for the wonderful comments ;)

Great shots JonK. Tough to pic a fave. I keep scrollin back and forth...got myself dizzy, but all of these are really well done.
Love the window too. Has that mysterious feel to it. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back