The sky's the limit...

Harpper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Thanks for looking. Any comments are appreciated.

p.s. I'm sorry that I haven't been around that often lately. I've just been having less free time. It's a shame because I see that I'm missing out on a lot of good pictures from you guys.

skybw1.jpg

nice one harpp. only grip is that the center left of the picture gets a bit too blown out. My guess is that if you applied a gradient mask to darken the sky it should make the clouds stand out more. The dancing clouds are cool 8)

anyways, i love your shots. I've never been, but could the be close to monterey?

This is a nice shot. I didn't notice the people at first. They add some scale, and a story of their own to this pic. You got a pic of someone taking a pic of someone... I'm gettin' dizzy! :lol:

Nice job anyway! :)

that's a great picture. I'm just curious as to what it would look like in color. Was the water crystal clear? was it a dark sky?

vonnagy said:
the center left of the picture gets a bit too blown out.
Looking at it on my work monitor which renders things a tad dark, nothing is blown out so it's going to be only a fine amount of tuning as the details are still there, no big deal.

Awsome pic, but I'm a sucker for big sky B&W's so I like it no matter what :lol:

Yup.... it's a keeper - very nice

Thanks guys and gals for the nice words. :D

vonnagy said:
only grip is that the center left of the picture gets a bit too blown out.
Thanks for pointing that out Mark. I recently got a calibrating software for my monitor and have noticed that it is now a bit darker so this picture looks correct on my monitor but it would seem certainly not on yours. My monitor was supposed to be calibrated closer to the average PC monitor (since I'm using a Mac) but that's not saying much because most people's monitors are set slightly different anyway. FYI, your pictures are a little too dark on my monitor.

This whole getting correct exposures for internet viewers has been a frustrating experience. Oh well, there's not much I can do about it unless everyone calibrates their monitors to match mine. I am curious if this picture is blown out for anyone else though?

vonnagy said:
I've never been, but could the be close to monterey?
It's not Monterey. I actually would rather not say because a lot of the great places around here have become tourist attractions since they have been advertised. This makes it very hard to get good pictures from my experience, because there are so many people in the foreground/background. I'm just lucky there weren't that many people at this place. Some of the other places I go to are swarming with people so it makes it hard to get the pictures I like.

Also when a place becomes popular there's a lot more trash lying around. Cleaning up all the trash to get a good picture is not my idea of fun. Anyway, I'll end that rant here. ;)

photobug said:
You got a pic of someone taking a pic of someone... I'm gettin' dizzy!
I go through life dizzy so I'm used to it. ;) There's actually 3 people. The black object on the right is really 2 people. It's kind of hard to tell but one of them is standing close behind the other. The third person is the one on the left wearing a white shirt. I'm sure you were dying to know. ;)

Daig55 said:
I'm just curious as to what it would look like in color. Was the water crystal clear? was it a dark sky?
You can see for yourself. :D

skybw2.jpg

The water looks better from a distance but it's not crystal clear and the sky is darker in b&w which is why I like it. I also like the mood in the b&w one more but maybe that could just be me. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back