The Sly: Opions please :-)

Tsimiri

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok, this picture was kind of an accident. The look was so sudden that I really wanted to get this shot, but wasn't really able to adjust items in the picture. Such as: the strand of hair that looks like it's poking her in the eye. In reality, I think it was poking her in the eye heh. On another picture sharing forum site, I've had responses in both directions concerning the hair. Some said that it something that should be removed, and others said that it added mystery and spontaneity. I guess the question is, what do you guys think?

Also, I attempted to remove the hair in photoshop, but was having trouble keeping the continuity of the skin tones. If anyone has better luck or wants to try their hand at removing it, I would love to see what you come up with and also some pointers on how the better use photoshop. :D

Thank you in advance, for any and all attention you give to my photo

~Fiona

Also, any and all advice is welcome!!

hilary_upload.jpg

Sorry about that, I was able to get it back up. I had moved the picture to a different section on the site that hosts the html for my photos. So it's back up...thank you for your patience

~Fiona

Use of the clone stamp and healing brush makes things like hair strands easy to remove. Also used noise reduction except on the eyes to keep the detail. I left the other strand down the middle of her forhead since it wasn't poking her in the eye and cleaned up the nose a bit. Grat shot to work on. Thanks for the offer. There are a few other things I might like to try if you don't mind.

hilary_upload.jpg

No by all means, try away... I don't know nearly as much as I want to about photoshop, so seeing what other people are able to come up with are astounding and very interesting. I do also like the comments on what you did, it gives me some new ideas to try. For instance, I didn't know what noise control is heh....So yes, go ahead and expirement. I would love to see what you come up with...

~Fiona

A little bit of the super model make over look. I used the healing brush to clean up all of the natural spots on your subjects face as models would do with make up. I also used a soft brush sampling skin tone for color at a very low opacity between 10 and 15 percent to smooth out the skin a bit. Then on a new layer, I used the blur tool to soften the image up a bit. On that same layer, I used the eraser tool with a bit of feather to erase the blur layer around the eyes and lips to bring the sharpness back. I flattened the image and made a duplicate layer and set the blend mode to multiply to deepen the tonal range and color adjusting the opacity as necessary so it wouldn't seem underexposed. I dodged the pupils abit and whitened the whites of the eyes to give them more impact and trimmed back the right eyebrow using the clone stamp and healing brush. It was fun to play around with some fresh material. I've altered what images I have seven ways to sunday.

hilary_uploadcopy.jpg

First off. Great image, with such focus and intensity from the eyes. Wow.

I personaly like the 2nd image (first photoshopped by Dave) the best out of them all. It adds a nice 'model' look (Don't get me wrong, she looks great in the first picture, but this one adds a little touch of something), yet doesn't overdo it, which was my first impression with the last. Now.. on that note, I wish I could do that kind of photoshopping! :er:

SlySniper said:
I think the strand of hair is fine. It looks more natural that way.

On a side note, that's really amazing what you have done Dave.

i'll agree with that first comment, but not with the second (no offense to you of course, Dave). Both of the edited versions look very 'photoshopped' and fake, like a digital drawing, not a photograph. The other one presents so much more personality simply because it is more natural and real. As for the photo itself, I find it quite intriguing, especially her eyes. My only complaint is that her face is a little crowded up in that corner. Backing off just a slight little bit (so that her entire forehead and perhaps her ear are showing) would help alot IMO.

I turned that last photoshopped one b&w and I really wish I could post it, but it doesn't seem to want to post. I might be able to get it up in a day or so. I wish I could show it, it really looks amazing...I'll keep trying...

For those of you who don't like the makeover and prefer the natural look, no ofense taken on my part. While browsing around the net, I came across a website of a professional retouch artist and was amazed. Not so much with the result, but with the drastic changes from the original photos. Retouch work like the second post is done commercially more for advertising for perfumes and make up or what have you. Anyway, after seeing his work it became my photoshop conquest to learn how it was done so there you have it. The end result, as good as it is, does have a plastic doll kind of look to it. I just wanted to learn the process. Here is a link to the particular image that inspired me:
http://homepage.mac.com/gapodaca/digital/bikini/index.html

Ok, so here is the last picture, that I turned b&w. I like the effect that was created in the eyes...the softness of the face and the lightness of the irises...

~Fiona

hilary_upload_supermodel_b_w.jpg

And it looks absolutly wonderful...I applaud your work!! It's absolutly wonderful. All I did was put it in greyscale and then even out the levels. Then I just did some brightness and contrast. What you have done with it is really wonderful. And thank you so much for the explanations of what you have done, I really am anxious to learn how to do this on my own.

~Fiona

Most reactions

Back