The Snake Hunter

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These were taken last summer in Narcisse (Manitoba), where – from May to September – you can find the highest density of garter snakes in the whole world.

As you can see in the last two pics, these lovable creatures are very photogenic.

Not sure what happened with image #3 (lots of noise in that tongue).

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Those must be guarder snakes. I used to catch those, pretty fun haha. I like #4; cool perspective on it.

EDIT: Woops! I meant #3, I'm seeing things...

I really like #3! It's neat seeing the behind the scenes shots too.

Those must be guarder snakes. I used to catch those, pretty fun haha. I like #4; cool perspective on it.

EDIT: Woops! I meant #3, I'm seeing things...

Since these snakes are harmless, kids literally LOVE catching them, and there are hundreds of them chasing thousands of snakes. Some of the parents, however, don't love this whole thing much. You have to be there to see their faces, showing disgust and fear in equal doses. Next time I'll take pics of the parents.

And yeah, #3 and #6 are favourites of mine.

Thanks for looking!

Frig... Thats a lot of snakes!! Great shots... I like the DOF in 3 & 4.. but #5 & #6 are hilarious!

That first picture really gave me the chills. I don't like snakes at all! Nice pics though (for as long as I could stand to look at them)

I hate snacks... That is all...

good shots though! i dont know what i would do if i stumbled across that? I bet i wouldnt be in any of your photos.. maybe the blur streak across the photo?

I hate snacks... That is all...

good shots though! i dont know what i would do if i stumbled across that? I bet i wouldnt be in any of your photos.. maybe the blur streak across the photo?

I love snacks though!!! :heart: Don't worry, my friend also hates snacks too - lol.

Normally I'd say I'm afraid of snakes, but those ones I don't think I'd mind holding or being near.

I like photos 3, 5, and 6 the best.

Garter snakes are so cute... they don't get that big and they think they are so tough!

I like the last 2 pics.

Since these snakes are harmless, kids literally LOVE catching them, and there are hundreds of them chasing thousands of snakes. Some of the parents, however, don't love this whole thing much. You have to be there to see their faces, showing disgust and fear in equal doses. Next time I'll take pics of the parents.

And yeah, #3 and #6 are favourites of mine.

Thanks for looking!

Haha - yeah the parents reactions are funny :lol:.

My friend caught one of these, and he was holding the tail up in the air letting its head dangle facing the ground. The snake started to swirl in a circle-swing motion and then suddenly part of the tail broke off and the snake got away. My friend was left with the tiny bit of it's tail he was holding on to. I thought that was pretty cool but also mean how my friend did that. I guess I learned how snakes can get away at that time :lmao:.

Most reactions

Back