The "sound" of my bank account draining...

clarinetJWD

The Naked Spammer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
jwdphotography.com
Also known as "Joe's Earbud Experience"

OK, technically they're In Ear Monitors, but most people wouldn't know what that was :p

So...the Shure E2c ($80 or so)...one of my friends had these, and the wire started to fray, so he made a complete hash out of repairing them, and ended up getting a new pair of iM716's at a great price. What happened to the still perfectly working E2c's you might ask? Well, I'm glad you did. I got them...for FREEEEEEE...

OK, because of his 'repairs' they were quite uncomfortable, so I started reading some HiFi forums, and discovered that they were relatively easy to repair (pop em open, cut the wire, and resolder). So I did. The right one sounds great, and fits perfectly! The left one I decimated...RIP, little buddies :(

Well, even though I just got them, I began to understand why IEMs are so great so I did a bit of research, and decided on the Westone UM1's...my wallet hates me.

Oh, well...let's not destroy these :p

Don't spend all your money Joseph....there are meetups coming up! :p

(wasn't I supposed to keep you from spending all your money? This isn't very easy from 800 miles away...why don't you just send me your wallet)

I haven't got a CLUE as to what you are talking about ... :(

But there is ONE thing I do understand: drain of bank account. That is something so close to home, to merely read the words almost hurts!

Go CORRY Go CORRY (man give her your wallet honestly, I also tried to hold my wallet away when I couldnt spend from corry...she took my THUMBS!!)

ahh joe, you're going to drain all your money if you keep looking into serious audio equipment. it's addictive.

nice choice btw. not my first choice (not because there are better ones, i just like big honkin headphones :D), but certainly great for in ears. :thumbup:

thebeginning said:
ahh joe, you're going to drain all your money if you keep looking into serious audio equipment. it's addictive.

nice choice btw. not my first choice (not because there are better ones, i just like big honkin headphones :D), but certainly great for in ears. :thumbup:

I don't think they were his either...he was showing me these $499 ones.....

thebeginning said:

I already have the big honkin ones ;)
Sennheiser HD-580s with amp...

Whatever you do, don't get into speakers. They're even worse than camera equipment. Headphones are enough of a drain.

(While I type this I'm looking at my AV-710 -> Entech 203.2 DAC -> MisterX Pimeta -> Sennheiser HD-580 + Grado SR-225 chain and trying not to think about it)

Most reactions

Back