The Squinter - available

I

Iron Flatline

I'm back. I'm really struggling with a shot taken the same day as the Old Man Feeding the Birds, and I'm nost sure there's something here.

To wit:

Shooting-0024.jpg

Or, here is a copy of a JPG from the unprocessed RAW file:

Shooting-0024%20straight%20from%20RAW.jpg

Ok, so for those of you who want to try...

.... here's the PSD file
- careful, it's HUGE - 47 Megs

... here's the RAW file - Leica M8 DNG, about 10 Megs

Again, I'm not sure this shot is worth pursuing, I'm looking for outside advice and opinion.

If I took that image, I'd skip it in processing unless it was the best image I took on that batch.

Here's what i came up with.
touchuo.jpg

I liked your original crop, think it helps a lot, there's a nice triangle w/ the bike, guy, church. I think this should be in color, the guy's jacket pops a lot. I uped the red sat a little, then dropped the red levels, then upped the blue sat. and I think that's all.

I like the B+W better too. But....the picture seem to be a bit too busy and lacking a central subject. My eyes can't decide whether to focus on the building in the upper right or the guy on the bench. Maybe cropping it closer to either the building or the guy might help.

The dude needs a hair cut, due to all the foot prints in the snow and stick trees it looks dirty to me.

That hair probably protects his head when he's biking around.

Black and white is a lot better for me, otherwise, the guy's coat is just too flashy. Plus the picture looks less messy, without all the brown and the colour differences caused by the sun.

I also prefer the mood of the BW photo better. Otherwise the jacket becomes too much of the focus and I don't think that is the story you want to tell here.

Most reactions

Back