The Stairs - Model (Coctail Dress VSFW) C&C Welcome!

Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
_POR9556-Edit by WSG Photography, on Flickr

What I note:
-Her hand broad to camera, I did remind her on several occasion but damn.
-Dress wrinkled under breast. Dayum, totally overlooked until now.
-Crop just a little tight on the bottom, I thought about rebuilding another step in post but let it go.

What I like is the warmth of the wood, her neutral dress and leading/angular lines. I don't think I have a frame of her smiling but she does smile, I swear it!

I like it. The only that stuck out to me besides what you mentioned is it seems like there is a large circular area of brightness (not really bright but I can't find a better word right now) to the steps near her hip level (steps 4-6 if you start counting 1 step up from her feet).

the light on the steps from my main light? (umbrell/reflected) is a distraction? I wish I could've gotten it up higher but it, the stand was fully extended already.

That's what it looks like. It makes it look like the wood is a different shade from the rest of the steps and that is why I noticed it. I'm not too good at PS but wonder if it could be darkened slightly to even out the colors.

I could've but didn't see it as a distraction...perhaps I was wrong?

Nice! I'd give this a rating of 97 out of 100.

In order to be 100, its little things that I would do, that may be different than what you were going for.

If you are curious, I would selectively take out the hint of blue I am picking up in her outfit. ( dress? )

Then I would clean up the stairs a little bit. I notice a black dot frame left on the bottom and a couple of nicks in the wood. Anything that causes the eye to wonder, I would take out.

If I really wanted to go all out, I would get rid of the shadow in between the "B" in your watermark and the top railing.

Finally I would remove the skin marks / freckles.

To me the look on her face means..."Do you think we can make these stairs...work"? ( She is thinking about towards YOU of course ) :cheerful:

Damn, I meant to clone that dark area out at the top, on the wall. .. forgot! Her skin is perfect, yes freckles, really? I'll take a 97% that's a really generous grade! Thanks!

The bright circle on the stairs doesn't bother me at all, I just didn't think much of it!
I did notice that her right (are left) leg is darker, and that gets me a little, but not much.
As for skin. I have heard that if the "spot" on the subjects skin will be there more than a few months, than you leave it. If it is something that will be gone in a few months, then remove it.
But this one feels like a winner to me!:)

Ya, that's how I feel too. If her skin has freckles it has freckles. I do remove red spots and bruises, lighten wrinkles and smooth out shadows (like under arms) but I think that's enough. Thanks for the replies!

_POR9556-Edit by WSG Photography, on Flickr

What I note:
-Her hand broad to camera, I did remind her on several occasion but damn.
-Dress wrinkled under breast. Dayum, totally overlooked until now.
-Crop just a little tight on the bottom, I thought about rebuilding another step in post but let it go.

What I like is the warmth of the wood, her neutral dress and leading/angular lines. I don't think I have a frame of her smiling but she does smile, I swear it!

Fine work. Love the pose and the setting. Frankly, I don't have anything to add--this is good work.

Thanks Joe, first time shoring here and a lot of new things to learn. Fought unwanted reflections and strange be angles. Next shoot ought to be better.

I wouldn't care about the dark wall. If anything it keeps the eyes where they belong. The wrinkle could be edited easy enough. The hand is the only real issue I see. Nice work to both of you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back