The Stone Angel

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is the sculpture that inspired the title of Margaret Laurence's famous novel (well, it's famous here in Canada –not sure how well known it's elsewhere). It's in the Riverside Cemetery in Neepawa, the real town that inspired the fictitious town of Manawaka described in this and other books of Laurence.

What I found interesting about the sculpture is that it seems to convey a different mood depending on the angle you look at it, especially the eyes. (You know, much like Mona Lisa's eyes follow you if you move around the room.) Maybe it's just me, but I've decided to post quite a bunch of the photos I took of it so you can decide for yourselves.

And it's a freaking beautiful sculpture too...

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Shame not much was happening in the sky. My favourite is #3, but none of them really hold my interest for too long, not really my thing I think. Looks like a nice statue though, the moss makes it more photogenic.

I think #3 is my favorite. You're having a bit of trouble getting the face well-lit in the others and a bit of fill-light might help.

Thank you for sharing and putting some explanations for the stone angel!

I think #3 is my favorite. You're having a bit of trouble getting the face well-lit in the others and a bit of fill-light might help.
Yep, the sky was not helping... I did use fill flash in three or four of these, though.

great photos, but I hated that book.
I think you are not alone :)

Thanks everybody for your comments.

Most reactions

Back