The streaking skyline

Harpper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'll appreciate any comments given. Thanks for looking.

streaking_clouds.jpg

hobbes28 said:
it almost looks fake.
I had the same first reaction when I saw the original picture. The fog and haze around here really gives the environment here a weird dreamy quality to it in my opinion. I actually love what mother nature does around here. It makes for nice photo opportunities. :D Thanks for looking and commenting.

Interesting dimention to this photo. Nice work.

Love the gradiental difference on the sky...
Nice job.....here you'll find every point of gradient from black to white :D

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. :D I noticed that no one commented on the blown highlight in the top right corner. I thought it added to the overall lighting but I wanted to see what you guys thought. Anyway, thanks to those that commented.

Linchung said:
where is it?
California.

Sk8man said:
would like to see it in color
Except for environments with good color I actually prefer B&W...but since you asked I've posted the color version below. I still like the B&W more but I'll let you decided. :wink:

streaking_clouds2.jpg

I am a huge fan of B&w but the gradients of blue are really nice in this picture. Might be nice to hang them side by side, or in one frame where they are both matted.

AlisonS said:
Might be nice to hang then side by side, or in one frame where they are both matted.
That's a nice idea. Sometimes I have trouble deciding on whether I like the B&W or colored versions of my pictures more, so framing them next to each other might just be the way to go for those pictures. :wink: Although with this picture I do like the B&W version more, but that's why it's so great to hear what you guys think. :D

Most reactions

Back