The streets...

eydryan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.eydryan.blogspot.com
A cold, rainy night. The streets look empty and i shiver with every inch of my body. It rains so miserably, pouring down on the city like all the angels had decided to piss at once. I stick my hand in the inner pocket of my jacket. Yes, it's there, my trustworthy digital. I quickly fire it up and already the rain is on top of it, drop after drop of dooming liquid. I take my time, exposure sais one second. i'm lucky if i can hold half as much. i concentrate, ignore the cold and the rain dripping down on the lcd screen. the screen goes black, and only a moment later it comes back again presenting almost what i wanted. So i come home, wet but happy at the colours of the city which i caught a part of tonight...

DSC08224.jpg

Do you like it? And don't pick on the fact that it's moved, you cannot imagine how my hands were shaking. It needed a lot of concentration to get it like this...

EDIT: Critique it, please. If you didn't know i wanted that then, well you know now... Shieesh.

well, i believe that we're all adults here and when i say do you like it, knowing that i posted it in the critique gallery, i expect a yes/no answer with arguments. A critique, right? And also, which part of the submission rules does it not comply with? I see it in none of the paragraphs.

the follow is a cut from the guidelines for posting in the critique gallery. please read over them before posting. thank you, Jon

Guidelines for posting images:

Only post images that you feel you need help with, and only post one at a time - unless you need to post several for comparative purposes (for example: colour, sepia and b&w).

2. Explain what it is that you would like help with.

3. Provide, if possible, exposure details and information about camera and lens. Was it shot on digital or film? Include any details of post-processing.

4. If you have no problem with others editing your images and reposting for critique purposes, include OTE in your post.

5. Include a little context with the picture. What was the situation you were in and why did you take the photograph.

These are only a guide. Try to give as much information as you can. It may not be essential to for the purposes of your critique but it is helpful to others who may like what you have done and want to try something similar for themselves.
At the very least state that you want a critique and give some indication of what aspect(s) you want people to comment on.

oh, ok. but then where can i post my images so that people see them as they are and say whether or not they like them and if not suggest possible problems and solutions?
and i doubt that the necessity of saying that you want it critiqued when it is in such a forum.

however, i thank you for you input and understand that you are doing this only to help me get more replies and solve my problems more easily. thing is, the kind of critique i want is either good job kid or not so good work on it (or, of course, crap kid, send it down the garbage disposer..).

and i must apologise for my nature of asking why questions but i always feel that i am right...

ok, so then, see ya!

thanks eydryan for your reply.

if your struggling with an image, by all means, post it here with a bit of info to help us out. otherwise, you will definitely receive excellent comments in the general or landscape galleries.... members will also occasionally suggest ways to improve your shot even if you're not looking for it ;)

thanks again! Jon

eydryan said:
and i must apologise for my nature of asking why questions but i always feel that i am right...

:lmao: don't we all?

Eydryan, we all know by now how much you like to be in this Critique Section.
But it is not like over in the General Gallery you would ONLY get "Nice one" or "Keep up the good work" or (and least of all) "send it down the garbage disposer"-responses!
There might be SOME one word remarks, but not all. (Like: not mine, for example).

In reply to this photo, which is "pretty", but no more (I think), I find it particularly difficult to critique a picture that has been so extensively described by its author beforehand. With your very "dramatic story" on how this photo came about and what it now means to you, you have taken away the chance for us to see what WE see, you already put us onto the path of YOUR thoughts and give us only very little room for our own interpretations.

I'm afraid, though, that this photo leaves little room for interpretation in the first place. It is colourful. Agreed. City lights and wet streets do this. But if there were at least one person hurrying through the rain or so... or a car zooming past. Something. Life. Like this it is just ... well. "Pretty". "Pretty Colours".

yeah true. it would better be in the general gallery. i just liked it because of the way it was made and not necessarilly the content. if you look there is a light trail, that would be the car :D but eh there is no tmuch to be said around this shot i admit. let's see if i look at it... hmm... first of all i'm bothered my the fact that it's moved. second i don't like the black hole on the left and the blue light on the far left... and it's true that there's not much of a center of interest in the shot. eh, well, i hope you liked the story at least :D

and also i got this from my friends. pretty but nothing more and i quite agree now that the contezxt has faded away :D

Most reactions

Back