The THANK YOU thread!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Corry, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I love to see when people get recognized for their good deeds/good attitudes, ect. So, I thought I'd start a continuous THANK YOU thread so whenever you feel the that someone needs to be thanked or recognized for something!

Now, my only problem with this is, there are just so MANY people to thank! :)

So, for the moment I'm only gonna do a few.

First off, I want to thank EVERYONE for making this site what it is!!! We truly have a WONDERFUL mix of people here! And it's so nice to have a group that is sensible and reasonable and can get along with very few problems! I really don't think there is a single member here that I would call 'petty' or 'narrow-minded'. :)

Now for a few individual ones...

I want to thank LaFoto, because she ALWAYS has a good word for EVERYONE, with a smile to go along with it! :)

I want to thank ClarinetJWD, Andreag, and the others that have made CHAT so much fun lately! (I haven't been getting enough sleep because we've been chatting so much! :lol: )

I want to thank Danalec99 for helping me get re-inspired with my photography, and for helping me with my plans for my NYC trip in July.

Thanks to Chase for never getting sick of me (or at least never letting me feel like he's sick of me!) no matter how endlessly I talk about Erik (or anything else for that matter!) and for being such a good and fair site administrator.

I want to thank all of my fellow moderators and admins just for doing what they do for the site! :)

There are definately more to this list, and I'll add more as time goes on (this is meant to be a continuous thread!), but that's it for now! :)

Now y'all can add who you feel needs recognized! :)

2. bace

bace TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I would like to thank the academy.

3. Verbal

Verbal $100

I'd like to thank my producers, recording crew, and everyone else who's made this album possible. I couldn't have done it without you, thanks guys!

*wild applause*

• Like Like x 1
  4. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Alright now guys...I mean people on the forum! Come on! Don't drag down my feel good thread! I feel damn good right now and I wanna stay that way!

Now lets all hug. :hug::

5. woodsac

woodsac TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks Chase...or I wouldn't be here :mrgreen:

That's the only name I'm gonna use, because I really am thankful to the entire staff and all the users. Basically thanks to everyone that has given me positive feedback and critique on my photos. I've only been doing this for about 6 months now. I didn't even know what dof or aperture were when I first signed up :blushing:

The feedback is very encouraging. Without it, I would be about $2500 richer...or...um...I mean...I probably wouldn't be doing this! I enjoy photography to no end and everyone here helped me better understand it.

I also feel like I've made some friends along the way...even without actually meeting anyone. Thanks!

6. Verbal

Verbal $100

Alright, alright... well I'd like to thank a few people then, to help get the ball rolling.

JonMikal, you're photography is an inspiration and it's what gets me out my door with my camera when I don't feel like shooting anything. In fact, the photography bug that's spread to your whole family is infectuous, so thanks to Scoob, Jackie, and Calliope as well.

Thanks Taralyn and Brittany for being great friends and always being there to talk... both of you are really sweet girls, and it sucks that we live so darn far apart! I really am thankful for our friendship. :hugs:
    And thanks Woodsac for always having an encouraging word, as well as stunning photos.

abdiabdiadbiadbi that's all folks!

7. Artemis

Artemis Just Punked Himself

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I gotto thank you actually Corry, you always put up with me whinging and it must get annoying.

Infact, thank you to everyone yesturday, I wont post why but you know why :)

8. Verbal

Verbal $100

Haha, not a problem. =P You know where to find me (MSN) if you've gotta vent more, I've been there!

9. woodsac

woodsac TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    *hand shake*
    Thank Jon!

That's something I didn't mention. All of the fantastic work here makes me want to get better and continue to learn. I see photos and think...I wanna do that too!

10. duncanp

duncanp TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks for giving me something to do while my film is being developed and my Camera's battery is charging...

11. Hertz van Rental

Hertz van Rental TPF Noob!

I think you will find the phrase 'Thank you everybody' should cover it.
    Another problem solved.

12. PlasticSpanner

PlasticSpanner TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks to everybody who posts their photos and advice for their inspiration and help.:thumbup:

& thanks to Hertz, Terri and MarkTwo for their excellent advice in the darkroom section!:D :thumbup:

Oh & also thanks to all the people that keep us entertained late at night in off topic (& chat!):D