The things you see when you look!

otherprof

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
FullSizeRender-18.jpg
This was a reflection of trees in a puddle of rain water on my patio table two days ago. Taken with my iPhone 6.
I didn't realize the water cast such a shadow. The table is a sort of slate gray - this is not a b&w conversion.

Wow...now that is SEEING!! Great job on that. And a nice move to tell us that this is NOT a monochrome conversion.

You have the eye for sure. You consistently see what others do not. Nice shot.

The thing I like is the fascinating reverse DOF effect, which is greatly enhanced by the camera sensor size, and the image magnification...the overhead limbs rendered IN-focus, but the closest water is OOF because it is close to the lens, and on the other side of the coin, as the distance increases, toward the middle and the rear of the frame, the ice and the table surface come into focus, but the limbs in reflection go out! This type of picture would be very difficult to make with a larger-sensor camera. If you take the time to visually follow from the base of the tree to the tips, you can watch the DOF effect! And that teeny-tiny bit of reddishness! Like a cherry on top! As Dean_Gretsch wrote, this is , "Pretty cool!"

This is a great example of looking, closely, at the world and the many mundane things it has; elevating the mundane through photography is a fine endeavor.

The thing I like is the fascinating reverse DOF effect, which is greatly enhanced by the camera sensor size, and the image magnification...the overhead limbs rendered IN-focus, but the closest water is OOF because it is close to the lens, and on the other side of the coin, as the distance increases, toward the middle and the rear of the frame, the ice and the table surface come into focus, but the limbs in reflection go out! This type of picture would be very difficult to make with a larger-sensor camera. If you take the time to visually follow from the base of the tree to the tips, you can watch the DOF effect! And that teeny-tiny bit of reddishness! Like a cherry on top! As Dean_Gretsch wrote, this is , "Pretty cool!"

This is a great example of looking, closely, at the world and the many mundane things it has; elevating the mundane through photography is a fine endeavor.
Wow. You've allowed me to see far more in the image than I did! It is all there, but I can't take credit for it. But I understand now why I find it so interesting.

Now that is one cool shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back