The Third Kind

I Smell Troll.

I don't care. It's entertaining.

Witness his reply to a slight criticism from sleist on another thread- "I'm not too proud to be a member here and neither am I going to allow you to continue here ever.":confused::crazy::cool:
After clicking on his name and looking at other posts, I am 95% sure he is a chatbot. Random garbled words thrown together with occasional crystal clarity when it comes to spelling product names and prices correctly >.>

I Smell Troll.

Witness his reply to a slight criticism from sleist on another thread- "I'm not too proud to be a member here and neither am I going to allow you to continue here ever.":confused::crazy::cool:
After clicking on his name and looking at other posts, I am 95% sure he is a chatbot. Random garbled words thrown together with occasional crystal clarity when it comes to spelling product names and prices correctly >.>

Ah, that makes sense. Too bad. I thought he was a bit on the clever side. I have been hoodwinked and bamboozled. Oh well........:bounce:

Even if I'm right, being a robot doesn't necessarily mean you're not clever!

I see you shoot a Shen Hao. Isn't that the same folks who made the Wista brand of large format cameras? I shot a Wista 8x10 many years ago. I also shot a Toyo 4x5 field camera for work. I made a living as an architectural photographer for a while and shot Toyo monorail and field cameras. That Wista 8x10 was just to play around with, although I did have one client that just loved those 810 transparencies I could produce for him. Good grief, that seems like a million years ago now.

Gavjenks; you're so right about his "art talk".

I've seen the art world from up close, and the more successful designers all speak pretty much the same way;

ETHERIAL SUPERLATIVES, FEELINGS, TENUOUS BUT WELL-INTENTIONED CONNECTIONS, LOTS OF HAND WAVING, AND OF COURSE, THE EVER PRESENT DENIGRATION OF ANYBODY WHO DARES TO DISAGREE.

Once one of my classmates when to review with absolutely NOTHING on paper. He performed his entire presentation with merely talking about what he INTENDED to produce. Got a passing grade on it, too!

Being unable to float a load of BS, I wasn't ever in the same category.

Well then, lets all enjoy the show.Have some:popcorn:On Me.:wink:

Ah, that makes sense. Too bad. I thought he was a bit on the clever side. I have been hoodwinked and bamboozled. Oh well........:bounce:

Still sore from when plymouth rock landed on you? Lol

I've seen the art world from up close, and the more successful designers all speak pretty much the same way;

Yup.. .seen that myself. Of course I grabbed a firehose to keep them off me and backed away slowly so they wouldn't try to take me in a rush. Come to think of it that was the last gallery showing I got invited to.. go figure.. lol

ETHERIAL SUPERLATIVES, FEELINGS, TENUOUS BUT WELL-INTENTIONED CONNECTIONS, LOTS OF HAND WAVING, AND OF COURSE, THE EVER PRESENT DENIGRATION OF ANYBODY WHO DARES TO DISAGREE.

Once one of my classmates when to review with absolutely NOTHING on paper. He performed his entire presentation with merely talking about what he INTENDED to produce. Got a passing grade on it, too!

Being unable to float a load of BS, I wasn't ever in the same category.

Lol.. never ceases to amaze me but sadly I'm starting to see it more and more often. People who are convinced that describing what they intend to accomplish and actually accomplishing something are the same thing.

Who had a rock land on there plymouth?

Most reactions

Back