The "THIS IS WHAT I GOT FOR XMAS plus C&C" Thread

RONDAL

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So many "omg check out my new pics with my christmas toys" threads.

How about we put them all into one.....here.

Post up pics or description of the camera loot you got, and ask for C&C's if you want them.

Whole first page is currently christmas threads of the same things.

Me....
I got a Manfrotto 190XB tripod and a Manfrotto Ballhead. Pics to come once I am done processing christmas day pictures.

What did you all get.

:D

Absolutely nothing.

We don't do gifts here.

Most gifts, if we want them, we got them during the year when we wanted or needed them. We do some gift-giving, but mostly just little things as rememberences.

We always give gifts to the kids of family and friends.

But what we give more of during this season is our TIME, by spending a morning, afternoon, maybe even a whole day with parents, etc, doing whatever they want to do.

Easy to buy someone a gift, but time is a precious gift we can all share more of with those we care most about.

Go to the mall, maybe shop, or just watch people, do lunch, or a movie, take some pics, let them sit nearby while we take pics.

You NEVER know who won't be here next year (no matter how old or young they are), and time spent this way can be as memorable for us as it is to the one we shared our time with.

We now have pics of my dad (passed in 1987), and her dad (passed in 2002), so both are no longer with us, where they both have smiles so big you know that they were having the time of their lives, and we have pics to remember the experience.

You never know whose life you can brighten up a little by trying this with those you care about most.

For the others, give them a gift.

I got some nice music and some English books for my birthday, by my friends, and my son cooked me dinner on that day (only days before Christmas). Then for Christmas my aunt had a candle for me and a jar of honey. And my children had ordered me a "hoodie" (sweatshirt with hood), which I now LOVE! :lovey:
Nothing new as to camera gear. I might get a bonus card from FoBi in Bremen by my f-i-l today, though, he had phoned beforehand to ask if a bonus card from "Douglas Drugstores" could make me happy (never set foot into any of those stores ever... :roll: ) and I suggested he get me one from FoBi instead (camera shop in Bremen). But it doesn't occur to any of my family (just so...) that photography is my hobby and that anything to do with it could make me happy...
I'll not mention the non-present by DH...

I got a Kindle! mwuahahah...

Amazingly, I got nothing photography related. I did get a check to buy a simple camera-only case of my choosing for my d300. I suppose that counts. :)

hangover and a lowepro camera case.

nothing camera-related...and nothing really big for me (but largely because they are aware we are moving out of the country).

my daughter really cashed in tho. she's the only grand-daughter for my parents...so my brother, sister-in-law and my parents really gave her entire loads of toys.

The only camera related present I got was the one I gave to myself... my 40D a week ago.

+2 on the hangover.
I got this last week with funds I knew I would be getting for Christmas. I ordered it early so as to have it when I go just south of Tucson AZ after the new year for winter dog training and a photo excursion.

Tokina 11-16 f/2.8

11-16testII020Medium.jpg

I got:

580 EX II speed light
diffusers
canon camera bag
and this
3130321486_b704e7bdef.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back