The Three Amigos

Nice shot. Good tones.

Could someone point me to a tutorial on this technique? Do you use photomerge in PS? Every time I try this type of thing (blending multiple images) it looks horrible. Please help!

crawdaddio said:
Nice shot. Good tones.

Could someone point me to a tutorial on this technique? Do you use photomerge in PS? Every time I try this type of thing (blending multiple images) it looks horrible. Please help!

I never used a tutorial or anything, but I can tell you basically how I did it.

I took three seperate photos using my tripod and my timer, so that they're all from the same position. Then I pasted all three versions into an image file in Photoshop, so they're in seperate layers. Then you can basically just erase around the part of the image you want to stay... I don't know if that makes any sense, it's kind of hard to explain. But basically I had one main image on the bottom, (in the case the picture of me on the left) and then I put the next picture on top of it. I then erased everything but me in that 2nd picture. Placed the 3rd pic on top of that, and erased everything but me.

Make sense? Probably not...lol

MommyOf4Boys said:
LOL this is cool..you should have been playing Poker.

dangit, as i saw this i was just thinking, i'm going to do one of these, only i will be playing poker against myselves and it will be completely original because that hasn't been done yet! :irked: DOH! ;)

would love to see your version if you do it, verb...

it could also go in the "reproduction" thread just like the "dogs at poker" artwork :lol:

That's a good job. It's not as ambitious as some of the multi-person shots, but it's very very well executed and works well as an image.

As JTH says, it would work well for poker as well!

Rob

Most reactions

Back