the title of this thread is undecided.

Blues Singer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
a couple of potraits. any comments welcome...thanks.

Ryan3.jpg

Model_Stuff.jpg

I am not really fond of the angle of the 2nd one, but it's not necessarily a bad portrait....just a personal preference.

I really like the first one. I love the angle and everything. I think it's a very strong portrait. May be a little distracting the top of his hair cut off, but that's the only thing the bothers me.

CrazyAva said:
I am not really fond of the angle of the 2nd one, but it's not necessarily a bad portrait....just a personal preference.

I really like the first one. I love the angle and everything. I think it's a very strong portrait. May be a little distracting the top of his hair cut off, but that's the only thing the bothers me.

agreed

I don't mind the cropping of the first shot at all. I think recropping to include the top of the model's head would significantly reduce its impact. As is, I think the cropping creates a sense of intimacy and the position and prominence of the eyes pull your attention from every edge of the frame. Well done.

The second doesn't fit my preferences, either. The angle and the harsh shadows just don't work for me. I find the stark shadow over lips distracting and the eyes are all but lost. There's not much there for me to connect with.

heh, I like the second one a lot. They're both good, but the second one gave me a chuckle. I'd say it depends on the personality of the guy in the shot, but I like it. Looks like he's sizing something up off in the distance and he's gonna go deal with it in some sort of gruff way. Funny. :lol:

the first one is really really nice! Very my-style :) while I'm not sure about the second one... It might be good as a studio portrait with all the shadows on his face removed...

Just my $.02 worth... I like the first one much better. An up-the-nostrals shot is never a good thing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back