"the top 5 SLR cameras"

I had not noticed the video until just now. They were talking about how to pick the camera that's right for you.

The slide show was where the top 5 SLR's are.

1. Olympus EVolt E-510 -- PC World Rating: 87 (Very Good)
2. Canon EOS 40D -- PC World Rating: 86 (Very Good)
3. Olympus E3 -- PC World Rating: 86 (Very Good)
4. Nikon D300 -- PC World Rating: 85 (Very Good)
5. Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 -- PC World Rating: 85 (Very Good)

Is this any more useful than people magazine's 100 most beautiful people list?

It depends on what you mean by top DSLRs...top selling, most popular, best quality? I certainly can't say I know any pros that are using Olympus.

skieur

Yeah, that's obviously based on more factors than straight image quality. And it was probably written by people that leave the camera in automatic mode and think their images look "pro".

1. Olympus EVolt E-510 -- PC World Rating: 87 (Very Good)
2. Canon EOS 40D -- PC World Rating: 86 (Very Good)
3. Olympus E3 -- PC World Rating: 86 (Very Good)
4. Nikon D300 -- PC World Rating: 85 (Very Good)
5. Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 -- PC World Rating: 85 (Very Good)

Is this any more useful than people magazine's 100 most beautiful people list?

Nope. At least i don't think so. Honestly, when photographic magazines ever do a top list, Nikon and Canon are always on top.

This was done by PC magazine...:greenpbl:

He took the lens off the nikon im pretty sure and he left it like that, first thing i thought to myself when he did that was "are you dumb, tons of dust is gonna get on the sensor" obvously these people have not delt with high end camreas before.

Exactly usayit hit the nail. Their target market is the computer geeks who take photography as a hobby. Their top rated cameras must be under a certain price but must produce good images. Frankly I'm surprised the D300 is on the list, I would borderline expect it to be too expensive for the majority of the magazine's readers who probably have their priorities elsewhere.

Look now at the AFR magazine, the one that talks about the rich the luxury etc. They of course rated their 3 top cameras as the Nikon D3, the Canon 1Ds MkIII, and the Hassey H3D.

Exactly usayit hit the nail. Their target market is the computer geeks who take photography as a hobby. Their top rated cameras must be under a certain price but must produce good images. Frankly I'm surprised the D300 is on the list, I would borderline expect it to be too expensive for the majority of the magazine's readers who probably have their priorities elsewhere.

Look now at the AFR magazine, the one that talks about the rich the luxury etc. They of course rated their 3 top cameras as the Nikon D3, the Canon 1Ds MkIII, and the Hassey H3D.
Determining "the best" always involves defining the user and the usage.

What's the "best" car? Will it remain so when gasoline hits $10.00/gallon?

Strange strange review. Can't think of any parameters that they can use to rank Olympus in front of D80 or 40D. This is assuming price is a factor - I have Canon, and I think price of D80 makes it a steal.

If price isn't a factor, I'm surprised D3 and 1DsMkIII are not up there. And no 5D???

I am not even sure Olympus is the "best" if you leave shots in auto mode. Maybe Olympus commisioned this review?

They must've commissioned it.

In my opinion, Only Canon's and Nikons would fill the top 5.
Mark III1Ds, D3, MarkIII, D300, and 5D (in no such particular order).

They must've commissioned it.

In my opinion, Only Canon's and Nikons would fill the top 5.
Mark III1Ds, D3, MarkIII, D300, and 5D (in no such particular order).

How come more canons than nikons? Aren't Nikons a better camera?

Of course if you look at the sponsor you will see why they simply had to put a Sony on the list.

Most reactions

Back