The Tower

Crazydad

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had a rare day to myself so I went to campus to see what was up. here are some shots of the Tower and the Littlefield fountain. As always, c&c appreciated.

3063486287_23964783c9_b.jpg

3064323088_d55d73dd0a_b.jpg

3064319890_482ae9fec9_b.jpg

3064325990_8ccc1708ea_b.jpg

I prefer the last photo, very impressive.

I like the photo close up of the statue on a horse. Something about the mix of a stationary statue with the movement of the water is intriguing

I prefer the last photo, very impressive.

Thanks, it is my favorite too.

I like the photo close up of the statue on a horse. Something about the mix of a stationary statue with the movement of the water is intriguing

I'm glad you like the statue. I really want to try some longer exposures once I get a tripod (hopefully for Christmas!)

The first and the last one are great.

Thanks jv!

i like the photos...where is that?

Thanks, it is the University of Texas in Austin (in November no less). Hook'em Horns!

Just went down to get a picture of the tower when it is lit up orange. They only light the full tower orange (school colors are orange and white) on special occasions such as beating our in-state rival Texas A&M in football, which they did tonight 49-9.

Not the best picture, but I don't think it's too bad for hand held (no tripod yet), 1/2 sec at ISO800

3064618011_03cf83e0cf_b.jpg

Nice one for handheld, yes, though a really sharp photo would have been nicer, of course, and one using a smaller aperture. Tripods don't cost much. If you start to like night photography, you should really go look for one.

The first photo shown is one that - to my mind - so would have wanted to be totally symmetrical, yet it isn't. One of the elements lifted high by the "angel" is beside the tower as background, the other is in front of a window. A slight change of position would have put the tower into the background for all elements, and then it could have been all symmetrical.

Nice one for handheld, yes, though a really sharp photo would have been nicer, of course, and one using a smaller aperture. Tripods don't cost much. If you start to like night photography, you should really go look for one.

The first photo shown is one that - to my mind - so would have wanted to be totally symmetrical, yet it isn't. One of the elements lifted high by the "angel" is beside the tower as background, the other is in front of a window. A slight change of position would have put the tower into the background for all elements, and then it could have been all symmetrical.

Thanks for the feedback LaFoto. You are dead right about the first one. I thought I had it centered until I got home and looked at it on my monitor. Typical noob error, but it gives me a reason to go back and try again.

I really want to try some night photography and I have the tripod I want picked out. My daughter, who is getting into photography, wants to get it for me for Christmas. So I will have to wait. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back