The Tower

thatsconvenient

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, I took this picture using my mobile phone this morning, whilst smoking a cig.

I like it, what do you think?

DD

Oops, obviously new to this site, forgot to attach the picture!

How do I attach a picture? Can someone help?

DD

Heya DD or "thatsconvenient", this_thread should give you all the answers you need in order to post a photo to the forums.

And I suggest you post into one of our galleries, such as the General Gallery, the Landscape and Nature Gallery, the Portrait and Weddings Gallery, the Snapshot and Blooper Gallery etc.

Welcome to ThePhotoForum and happy posting :D.

Thank you LaFoto, I have subscibed now.

Picture attached (hopefully), what do you think? It's the first photo I have ever taken that's not of a birthday party, family member, or christmas etc.

DD

Attachments

• $The Tower.jpg
    $The Tower.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 112
Ah, that's convenient: we have a new subscriber :D.
(You could have chosen another photo host somewhere out in the www, mind, but subscribing to the forum is ALWAYS good :D).

So this photo represents your very first forey into photography, away from shapshooting, you say?

Unfortunately it is too small to view as a thumbnail and too large to view once it opens. You best downsize your photos for web-showing before you upload them anywhere to a maximum of about 800x600 px.

What I now see is that you apparently handheld the camera in the light of dusk (the moon is already up), which gave you a bit of camera shake since exposure was too long (chosen by the camera, I assume? I guess you had it on "auto"?)

In composing your photo, you could have let some more of the tower show in your frame, and for something as vertical and long as a tower it is advisable to turn the camera around so you get a vertical frame, too.

On the long run, if dusk and nighttime photography become your primary interest, you might think about getting yourself a tripod so you can keep the camera steady.

Shoot more - post more.
And read other posts and listen.
Get books on Photography for Beginners (something like that) ... and you will enjoy your new hobby more and more.

Thats not bad for a camera phone. I have bunches of cameras and equipment but too cheap for a cell phone :) Do you have a regular camera?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back