The Tracks...C&C Please

Discussion in 'The Black & White Gallery' started by RNBzie, Sep 22, 2008.

1. RNBzie

RNBzie TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hello...

I am a photography hobbyist looking at improving my skills....this is a shot I took yesterday and want some honest C&C...thats the only way I can get better right :scratch:?

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    You don't come round often, RNBzie, do you? Last we spoke, I wished you a Happy New Year and you posted some portrait pics of the family! ;)

The concept of this one is promising, but these tracks don't lead anywhere, nowhere at all, they bump against the top frame and that's it. I feel that when you work with lines (they always lead the eye, lines do that), they should lead you somewhere...

3. willard3

willard3 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    There's too much going on....simplify.

I can't tell what you want the viewer to see.

4. RNBzie

RNBzie TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    You are right I do not post often...I feel that my contributions would not be significant since I need more work with my photographs.

I do understand that leading aspect of the tracks that you are referring to. Maybe leading to an open horizon would have made a stronger statement.

As for too much going on...should I have cropped in tighter on the main tracks?

I guess I saw the photo as a metaphor of life...how convoluted things can get and how there is a path that leads to the unknown...:crazy:

5. Do'Urden's Eyes

Do'Urden's Eyes TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    pfffft RNBzie! any contributions are significant here, dont think you have to reach a quota of quality just to show your work. this is a good shot, be proud dont hide!

6. jvgig

jvgig TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    its very close to a 2:1 aspect ratio which is not very appealing. the blown out highlights on the tracks are very distracting. i think if you centered on the main set of tracks, and cropped out some of the rest, it would be a much stronger shot