The Tractor People

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Messing around with the Calotype to see what it would look like on people. I'm sure it's not everyone's cup of tea, just experimenting. It is really hard to judge the balance of tones, exposure. I guess I need to create a profile and add it last, maybe... Kind of fun doing it though. Wonder if anyone is actually doing the Talbotype technique these days?

DSC_9830Ce.jpg

DSC_7928Ce.jpg

DSC_7901Ce.jpg

Beautiful set.

One question, when you say Calotype are you talking the original process, or digital?

(edit, I just saw your other post that explains it, never mind.)

Beautiful set.

One question, when you say Calotype are you talking the original process, or digital?
Thank you sir. Well I seen some samples at an antique store and bought a print for reference in order to work on a plugin for Gimp. I haven't got there yet other than to dial in the tone of it and know what to do in order to obtain the look. I am still lacking the implementation of the grain but will eventually get there and producing a finished plug in.

My question was really about the physical process in the dark room with film. Wondering if anyone still works in this method.

Oh, wow, shot #1 is VERY well done! LOVE the way everything came together in that one. In #3, the awkward spectator at the right dilutes the shot a bit.

Oh, wow, shot #1 is VERY well done! LOVE the way everything came together in that one. In #2, the awkward spectator at the right dilues the shot a bit.
Thanks, I suppose a clone out could be done.

Love # 1 too, especially the added motion blur of the crankshaft in the upper left even at 1/100.

love tractors, is this what I missed the other month?

Love # 1 too, especially the added motion blur of the crankshaft in the upper left even at 1/100.

love tractors, is this what I missed the other month?
Yes sir, you missed it. It was rather glorious...

Most reactions

Back