The Tree

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Rachelsne, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Rachelsne

Rachelsne TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I took this picture back in April 2007 I had gone for a walk with my grandparents to a place called Frensham ponds, a place in Surrey (England) regrettably I was still using auto mode and had no idea about my little S3's full potential I did some PP on it last night with PSE 4, I am still learning so all I did was change to Sepia and then add the colour layer back on top with a lower opacity, and I think I used one of the painting effects.

Helpful pointers always welcome editing tips mainly as I know that I should have shot in manual:blushing:

So here is 'The Tree'

[​IMG]

And here is the orriginal:

[​IMG]

2. Tasmaster

Tasmaster TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I absolutely love the lower half, the sky at the left is great too, however i don't like how the top of the tree looks; the little branches and leaves are not very well defined, and i find them too bright and distracting. Making another layer and processing for the top of the tree should fix that, if you agree with me of course. Ideally, i would also like to see the whole of the branch that is cut off at the left edge, but that would probably change the composition significantly.

3. The_Saint

The_Saint TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    mm Nice Shot but I think the colour could use some enhancing...

Heres an edit:

[​IMG]

4. Rachelsne

Rachelsne TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I have used my laptop for this photo, and I was unsure on my colouring, its one of those soft screens that if you poke you can see a mark (dont know the technical term) and I do notice its hard to see the detail on the screen.

The saint, I like your editing but it looks a bit yellow (could be my crappy laptop-I really should get on the PC)

I agree with the fine detail, its kinda lost in my edit.

Thanks for the comments

5. Lyncca

Lyncca TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think you did a great job on your post processing. The corrected one above seems a bit too sharp to me and the sky is blown out...

6. Tasmaster

Tasmaster TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    That's way too much 'pop' there The_Saint! Lost a lot of detail in the blacks too. I like the subdued tones in the original edited photo, it has a painting-like quality without rubbing a dozen photoshop filters into your retina.