The trestle

Txaggie08

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Doh! I'm an idiot and misspelled trestle...

I VERY rarely, if eve, post photos for critique anymore. I get mad every time I do it, and it's not worth it. This photo kinda puzzles me though and I'd like to hear some thoughts.

MP3G9583.jpg

Last edited:
What's puzzling about it? I, personally, have a fetish for shots where the whatever meets the water's surface.. Just so eerie that down below it's so disgusting and covered in algae and crap, maybe beer bottles down there, shopping carts, BODIES!!!! LOL..

Last edited:
To me the only thing that makes it a little confusing, is that the rail looks like its concave down. Is this the way it is in real life? It would take some playing in photoshop to straighten it out, but I think since its such thick wood that looks so heavy, it would be a more striking picture if the rail running across the top were perfectly straight. Other than that I like it.

eldrich- that trestle is twice my age......That's pretty much what you get :D.

sinner- that sucker was underwater during ike, I have no doubts there WHERE bodies there at one point.....

Doh! I'm an idiot and misspelled trestle...

You did???
Can't find the spelling mistake :wink: !!! :wink:

The tones are nice, but I don't understand what it's holding up?
I had to look up the word, anyway, but explanation/translation and photo don't seem to go together quite so well... What is on top?

I would like to see a bit more above but the shot looks good.I would like to see it in color just to see what color the water was before the changes.

That's a train trestle, a very common type here in SETexas. you can see the rails at the top of the shot. I think it can actually be spelled both ways, and before I made this post I missed the edit, thanks :)

eh1of1.jpg

That's the original. Ironic the water is essentially the same color....welcome to the swamp.

I like the color one better- it takes away some of the abstraction, which I think the first, based on its crop, had a little too much of.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back