The true darkside 28 PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LongDucDong

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
All these photos on here are really sweet! i Figured Id contribute some of my own.

You want darkside? Have a 7" tarantula crawl up your neck. You want darkside? Keep viscious 8" long centipedes as pets. You want darkside? Keep scorpions that can put you 6' under. My darkside consists of my closet space. I walk in the room and see snakes slithering around, watching my every move. I see tarantulas rear up and expose their fangs, ****ed off at my mere presence. I see scorpions arch their tails high above their heads, venom droplets visible, wanting nothing more than to envenomate me. I see giant centipedes show me their focipules (fangs) in anger. When the lights go out, its a cacophony of sounds of creatures unseen. The clacking of their invertebrate bodies against the glass as they track down and envenomate prey. The sounds of the snakes hissing as they sink their fangs into their prey. The screeching of the centipede claws on the glass as they try all night to escape. The sounds of tarantulas scurrying around their cages. Yes, my closet is my "darkside". May these images send chills down your spines, may they give you nightmares, may they repulse you. Of course I love these animals and theyre often misunderstood, but I figured theyd fit in with these "darkside" images.

**PLEASE DO NOT HANDLE SCORPIONS OR ANY OTHER VENOMOUS CREATURE, THEY HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO KILL YOU. PLEASE DO NOT REPLICATE THE HANDLING PICS I HAVE SUBMITTED! I HAVE WORKED WITH VENOMOUS CREATURES FOR QUITE A WHILE, AND IN NO WAY DO I CONDONE HANDLING THEM, BUT I CONSIDER MYSELF A PRO WHEN IT COMES TO DEALING WITH THEM. ONCE AGAIN, DO NOT HANDLE VENOMOUS CREATURES**

No makeup or fake blood here. No moonlit graveyard shots here. No neo-gothic chicks in fishnet stockings. Here's the real darkside... :wink:

theeyesofakiller.jpg

rushin.jpg

flatrock1.jpg

A-2.jpg

FacetofacewithMax.jpg

beetle6.jpg

WGspider1.jpg

angledmacroofM-1.jpg

CloseupofBuchowihtarms-uppinkieinmo.jpg

H-1.jpg

H.jpg

hornedviper4.jpg

S-1.jpg

perfectrecluseuponforestedhillinBra.jpg

A-1.jpg

CowboyK.jpg

A-4.jpg

H-3.jpg

c29a5076.jpg

26c10666.jpg

3e5e8c9c.jpg

602d0df3.jpg

6f587996.jpg

edf1ac0b.jpg

6bf7d131.jpg

892ba7ce.jpg

a1714a90.jpg

b703b8c2.jpg

Oh YUCK! the last one just took it overboard, i can only imagine all those tiny legs goin' all at once.

DISGUSTING

Oh YUCK! the last one just took it overboard, i can only imagine all those tiny legs goin' all at once.

DISGUSTING

LOL

Glad you "liked" em! LOL Yeah, they can be creepy to the uninformed when they move around. Theyre like snakes with legs. They can be VERY fast when they want to be, plus when theyre mad they raise up their rear legs and flail about like a wounded snake, spraying dirt all over the place. A bite is horrid stuff, expect intense burning pain and massive swelling and loss of movement in the bitten extremity. Nasty stuff. Even my wife, who doesnt mind the tarantulas and scorpions, cannot stand to look at the centipedes, it gives her nightmares.

Thanks for looking though! :D

Oh yeah, that last pic? Hes not even close to being full grown yet, he has about another 3" to grow. MUHUHAHAHA

What an great into to some stunning photos.. I dont no where to start. There are so many amaizing ones! I love the snake one eating the baby mouse.. and the .thing.. holding all its eggs! and #19 is just freeky looking!

Just wow!!!

Your animals and insects are increadible!!!

Theyre like snakes with legs.
enough said.

They can be VERY fast when they want to be, plus when theyre mad they raise up their rear legs and flail about like a wounded snake, spraying dirt all over the place. A bite is horrid stuff, expect intense burning pain and massive swelling and loss of movement in the bitten extremity.
OMG!

:stun::shock:

#11 and #20 are fantastic.

#11, 16, 17 and 20 are my favorites, the A. versicolor is a beautiful tarantula,What species is the tarantula on #22?

#11, 16, 17 and 20 are my favorites, the A. versicolor is a beautiful tarantula,What species is the tarantula on #22?

Thanks! A. versicolor are probably my fave species, too beautiful for words...

The t in #22 is a Grammostola aureostriata (commonly known as a 'chaco golden knee'). Theyre a docile species, kinda like G. rosea, but a little more temperamental than the latter. This one would be nice one day and allow me to handle it, the next day it would kick hairs and try and bite me. :confused:

Some amazing macros here, and fascinating creatures. I assume you watched 'Life in the Undergrowth'? Fantastic series.
#5 is an amazing shot, love the composition and lighting, but would have liked to have seen a larger DOF.
#16 has to be my favourite though. What amazing detail you have captured with this shot.
Bravo.

Some amazing macros here, and fascinating creatures. I assume you watched 'Life in the Undergrowth'? Fantastic series.
#5 is an amazing shot, love the composition and lighting, but would have liked to have seen a larger DOF.
#16 has to be my favourite though. What amazing detail you have captured with this shot.
Bravo.

Thank you! I thought noone would like #5, it was a hastily set-up shot. But then what do you expect when you have a scorpion crawling around on your hand? LOL Thanks for the compliments!

Oh, as for the DoF, my camera is fixed lens and does what it wants. LOL Id love to mess with the DoF, but I cant. :(

Nice photos Donger*. Particularly like #19. Very intense.

Have you tried shooting the scorpions with only blacklight for illumination? I know this might present some interesting challenges due to low light and what not, but it might yield some nice shots. Just thinking out loud.

Glenn

*for those that dont know the movie, Donger is meant as a compliment and not a slight in any way.

Altaholic, thanks! Yes, Ive shot some using blacklight, Ill post a few below. They didnt come out too well because I didnt have a tripod at the time, plus they never seem to want to sit still when Im shooting them, so most of them came out blurred. These pics were taken about 2 years ago, Ive yet to shoot them since using blacklight. Think Ill make some plans to try again using a tripod this time. Oh, nice avatar! LOL Frylock rocks! As does your Braveheart quote below...

16f5322c.jpg

cc943913.jpg

WOW!!

I can definitely understand the low light issues, but if you happen to do some more similar to this, definitely post them up. Very interesting.

Glenn

Wow....way too hard for me to pick a fave. You got some stunning shots here. Excellently done. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back