The Two Brides

Roberts Eyes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.robertseyes.net
The photo you are looking at was a project I worked on for a friend and her family. The two brides you see in the photo are mother and daughter. The mother had died five years before her daughters wedding and they wanted me to come up with an idea using a white rose in the back ground in memory of her mother.

After the wedding I was visiting the young bride and I was showing her some photos from her wedding that I had taken while I was at the wedding. She showed me some photos of her mothers wedding and when I saw this one photo of her mother on her wedding day I had to ask if I could take that photo and do something nice with it.

As you will notice, I took the mothers photo and laid it over the top of her daughter’s photo and blended them together. Even though the photo was never really finished completely many people told me just to leave it as you are seeing it right now.

When I showed the photo to the daughter and her Grandparents there was not a dry eye in the house. I know that it isn’t perfect but I did give a bride something, I gave her the spirit of her mother on her wedding day.

stacyandjackie.jpg

That's a great story and a very nice photo. Well Done.

Awww, almost made me cry too. What a wonderful gesture and I am sure it will be a treasured gift.

That my friend, is one fine piece of work.

Simply amazing. :thumbup:

What a beautiful thing to do. I am sure the bride will treasure that photo always.

thebeginning said:
thats touching. great thing you did.

if you want you could darken the mother a bit, theres much more light on that side.

good job
To be honest that wasn’t a mistake, what I did was to add a little lighting effects to that side of the photo to give it a spiritual feel, I do have plans to do more work on the photo and to fully finish it up. I still have all original files from when I put this together, my main objective is to add more lighting to the daughter to bring out her out just a little more and to fix that candle stick. After that I hope it will blend together more then what it is.

Most reactions

Back