The Ugly Stick

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
517-gs1311.jpg

Is this a scarecrow or something or just like a "found face." The face in the middle is interesting but it's unclear if you came across it or actually made it. Other than that, there's too much going on in terms of all the shoots and twigs to hold my interest - the focal point really isn't defined for me.

Like the sky though...

Thanks for your thoughts.

looks like a mans face with dreadlocks flapping about.

interesting shot

I've had mornings where I've felt like that (hopefully didn't look that bad though!)

Interesting find. Is there a story behind it? Is the face carved into a 'living' tree? Is it some Indian talisman type of thing? I rather like all the twisting tendrils - lots of great textures.

Thanks all. I was really going for the human-looking element in this. The Mojave Indians, who lived to the east a hundred miles or so, would take mud from the Colorado River and cake their hair with it and swirl the dreads around thier head to help keep them cool. I tried it once, sort of messy. They would tattoo their faces also, but I'm not going to try that. But when I saw the old yucca, it reminded me of the Mojave.

This particular plant is part of a 'clone ring', a plant which has survived for possibly 2,400 years by continually sprouting rhizomes from its base. I've explained it a little more completely and provided a shot of the bigger picture in the following thread;

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139360

The tiny little face is pretty much as it appeared, however, I did a bit of a burn on the eye on the right to bring out the highlight a little. It is so cool to look for these things!

Thanks for the additional info! Love learning new/interesting stuff like that

next time sugest your model brushes his/her hair before the shoot ;)

cool looking thing. maybe a tad dark to see the detail though.

next time sugest your model brushes his/her hair before the shoot ;)

cool looking thing. maybe a tad dark to see the detail though.

Sometimes wild is best left wild. ;)

Thanks for commenting.

lol...cool :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back