The Ultimate for sale thread

I have 11¢ and some lint in my pocket I can send you.

I have 8 advil in my pocket.

I have no pockets.:blue:

tumblr_m59t3gkcUK1qf4c7vo1_500.png

For want of a screw a customer is lost.

just in time before the 1DX mII
Ohhhh, I haven't seen that yet! OH YA? :D
I'm making it up .. but becz every time someone makes a BIG camera decision it's usually just in time for a new version to come out

Not too far off though Astro. I've seen talk that they would announce a new camera in that line or the 5D at the next camera show in NYC, I think they said next month. We shall see. I read an article this morning with the CEO of Canon and he was saying that there are high megapixal cameras coming soon. FWIF.

For want of a screw a customer is lost.
First they wanted me to send the camera in. Which would take a minimum of 2-3 weeks.

Then accused me of abusing my equipment!!!

I know the customer is not always right...My family owns a sports bar, so I've learned a lot about dealing with customers and such...

But its a screw, its not like I was demanding for my sensor or something to be replaced.

Am I overreacting? Being dumb? Maybe

Over reacting? No! You should definitely sell your gear, and show Nikon who is boss. Since they are so terrible, make your prices REALLY low, that'll show 'em.
How much is that. Tamron again....
Nancy

The overall turning point for me though was Nikons customer service, its terrible!!!!

As you can tell how much I have invested in Nikon.

I had a SCREW, ONE SCREW come out of my body, and Nikon wanted me to pay 50 cents to get it replaced and they wouldn't cover it under their warranty.

50 CENTS!

After I've invested close to 10-15k, whatever it is. Absolutely insane if you ask me.

Maybe I'm overreacting a bit. lol

So…you're saying you have a screw loose.
Well, THAT explains why you'd want to switch to Canon. :D

In all seriousness, while I *completely* understand your outrage and irritation about this, if I were you, I think I'd sit on this decision for a couple of weeks, give yourself time to be sure that you *aren't* just overreacting. Which I think maybe you are. You DO have a lot invested in Nikon--and okay, this was a truly horrible customer service instance. But can you guarantee that the same thing won't happen, at some point, with Canon? SO MUCH of good customer service depends on WHO you talk to, more than just on the company itself; one person with a bad attitude or just a no nonsense "by the book" response can really do a lot of damage.

If I were you? I'd make a screenshot of this entire thread and I'd include it in a letter/email to Nikon; they need to know that they could literally lose a customer who has spent tens of thousands on THEIR brand, over a little 50-cent screw, and a bad c.s. incident. My guess is, given that information, they'll make it right--AND, just maybe, they'll work a little bit harder at making sure the same thing doesn't happen to someone else.

Anyone know if there's a Nikon rep on TPF?
Are you on twitter or FB? That's a good quick way to get the right people's attention sometimes!

If nothing else, I'd hold off on the sale for a few weeks until you know for sure that you're selling for reasons other than just anger over one incident. Plus, that might give me time to get my insurance money for that Tamron. :D

That is a big and expensive ... lateral move. How about a mirrorless until the MKII comes out.

Gary

PS- (I shoot Canon and their service center is down the street from me in Irvine. I get pretty good service there walking in. But I think you're over-reacting. You're doing what I would do and I over-react ... lol ... but the AI servo is pretty nice on the 1DX. I'd look for a local camera repair guy for the screw and for your tune-ups. On the flip side, even though you'll lose a ton of money the act would give you tons of satisfaction which can be priceless. While it can be expensive, sometimes it is good to live on principle.)
G

PPS- Remember, that the action to charge you was probably made by some low-level, mindless CSR type person. I don't know how far up the food chain you pursued this problem. (How much time do you want to waste on a single screw?) But, I would hope that no manager in their right mind would pissoff a D4 customer over a screw. If that is Nikon's policy ... and it was me ... Hello Mr. 1Dx.
G

Last edited:
Now that was priceless, I laughed at the screw loose. Nice pun. haha

But yeah maybe your right. Its just so frustrating!!!

Its like when I took my Brand new (4 month old) Subaru WRX in because I had a chip in my windshield (rock chip).

It was very minor, but I wanted to take care of it before it got too bad.

They called me a week later, said they had to replace the entire windshield because they broke it trying to fix it and wanted me to pay $425 for it.

I escalated the whole thing and got Subaru Corporate on the phone and after 3 months of arguing with person after person, I was reimbursed my money.

Maybe I just have bad luck?

They called me a week later, said they had to replace the entire windshield because they broke it trying to fix it and wanted me to pay $425 for it.

THEY broke it and wanted you to pay? Uh-uh.

Glad you escalated it to Corporate and got your money back.

Are you thinking of selling your WRX for cheap? I'll trade you an Outback?

THEY broke it and wanted you to pay? Uh-uh.

Glad you escalated it to Corporate and got your money back.

Are you thinking of selling your WRX for cheap? I'll trade you an Outback?
I no longer have my WRX lmao....I have a Jeep now LOL

Most reactions

New Topics

Back