The Ultimate PW II bracket

JerryPH

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ever since I picked up my Pocket Wizard II's, I was looking at ways to attach them to the light stands. Of course one could just hang them via the included mini-lanyard, but they swing around and bang constantly against the light stand... a LOT more than I like when I have the setup on a monopod and am moving from area to area.

There is a solution where you wrap your PW to the light stand, but they are something like $29.95 or some other ridiculous price :)confused:). A little visit to the local hardware store for 50 cents worth of parts, a visit to the local dollar store for a couple of plastic clamps for a buck and my solution was done.

I believe that I have found a solution that is both more secure, more versatile and *way* cheaper than what one could buy retail.

PW%2BHolder-J.jpg

Complete story on my blog. :)

You're like the MacGuyver of photography. Too bad you could do that with a cup of water, a banana, and a snorkel.

Why didn't you come up with this before I dropped the $15/per unit for the Hildozine Remote Transceiver Caddies?!?

Sorry John, it was very much for people like you that I did want to share! :)

I saw those too and at about $30CDN delivered to my door, I found it on the ridiculous side to pay for something that is bungee corded to my lightstand.

Thanks for the positive comments.

I had a comment from someone on the strobist group that said that his "exploded" for some reason (he had the larger clamp, not these small ones). I've been using these things for years on my car projects (holding wires out of the way or holding parts together while the paint or glues dry and what not), and never had an issue. The same 4 that I bought 2 years ago are still in my garage... well oily, painted and scratched up, but 100% functional.

I think what could happen, is that if you have the large ones with the heavy springs, that it is possible to break the center parts, but I just cannot see how with the smaller ones could. There is zero stress on them and I find that they are more versatile than something like the Hildozine holders. In terms of versatility, you cannot have a Hildozine holder hold your backdrop and a PW at the same time, but you can do this with one of these tiny clamps. ;)

It's quite all right. I'm glad you posted it. I'll go on using my Hildozines since I already have them.

$30 for shipping? OUCH! I paid like $7 for the shipping for 3 of them thru Amazon. (I have 4 PWIIs.)

Last edited:
$30 for shipping? OUCH! I paid like $7 for the shipping for 3 of them thru Amazon. (I have 4 PWIIs.)

No no, $30 for the holder with shipping and conversion to my door in Canada.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear.

the link to the pic is broken. im dying to see it... fix it! ahhhh!

ya i figured. thats why i said "maybe its just my comp"

Most reactions

Back