f/2.8
ISO 500
1/100 Sec.
24 - 70 mm - f/2.8G
32 mm

(Natural Light)

(Processed In LR & Color Efex Pro 4)

20181027-untitled-12-Edit-2.jpg

Thanks For Looking Any Comments/Criticism Will Be Appreciated.

Enezdez

I like the processing and almost everything about it.

The one thing is that it seems a bit heavy on the negative space to the point where it seems off balance to me. I’d personally tighten it up quite a bit.

The one thing is that it seems a bit heavy on the negative space to the point where it seems off balance to me. I’d personally tighten it up quite a bit.

I agree, it is off-balance. Crop a slight bit off of the left hand margin, and some off the bottom, and the balance will be much,much better. I would most likely crop to just inside the door knob on the left, then crop up on the bottom to achieve a good overall balance with the amount of top space above the head and hat.

Derrel's comments on the crop will help. Just a feel, but something about the hat just doesn't fit with the window and the title.

I think this would be much better if he were wearing a white tee shirt instead of a black one. His entire figure, and essentially his presence in the photograph disappear into the negative space.

I like this.....

I agree, it is off-balance. Crop a slight bit off of the left hand margin, and some off the bottom, and the balance will be much,much better. I would most likely crop to just inside the door knob on the left, then crop up on the bottom to achieve a good overall balance with the amount of top space above the head and hat.

Derrel's comments on the crop will help. Just a feel, but something about the hat just doesn't fit with the window and the title.

Thank you all for your inputs & pointers...I agree it's off balance. I slightly reprocessed, I think the composition of image is improved.

I think this would be much better if he were wearing a white tee shirt instead of a black one. His entire figure, and essentially his presence in the photograph disappear into the negative space.

@DanOstergren I really like the idea of the white tee-shirt, next time I will definitely have him in a white T - thanks!

20181027-untitled-12-Edit-3.jpg

20181027-untitled-12-Edit-4.jpg

Thanks,

Enezdez

Congratulations on these two cropped versions. You have made two good pictures by cropping and thus changing the emphasis of the photos through careful re-positioning of the subject within the dark, negative space.

Congratulations on these two cropped versions. You have made two good pictures by cropping and thus changing the emphasis of the photos through careful re-positioning of the subject within the dark, negative space.

@Derrel Thank you very much!

Most reactions

Back