the value of trash: a spiritual epiphany

Osmer_Toby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i feel like i am undergoing one lately. the epiphany, that is, not the trash. there's alot goin on in my life right now, but one thing that is greatly contributing to this sea change is my involvement with photography.
it has always been a hobby and fascination, but now it seems to be becoming part of my very consciousness. everywhere i go now, i see the world as if through a lens- everything i perceive now is a potential photograph. visual moments become frozen in my mind, and i find myself analyzing what i see in my mind's eye from a photographer's perspective. and i mean this is happening all the time- from when i get up in the morning to when i go to bed at night. it's like seeing the world through a child's eyes, because now nothing is ugly anymore.
i seriously think even the garbage on the sidewalks presents an image worthy of reflection and thought, much deeper than my old typical response: "oh, some ---hole littered again..." don't get me wrong, i still hate the trash for its destructive nature, but now it seems to have a hitherto unforseen value...
am i making any sense? do any of you go through the day seeing moments in time converted to potential images in your mind?

I know what you mean, i think. I sometimes visualise scenes outside as a painting, and also what sort of photograph it would make. I don't think it's anything abnormal it's just you daydreaming and thinking about your hobby in a different way. You never know you might see something that you see every day in a different way.
Does that make sense to you or was it complete twaddle? :?

Are you kidding....? You just described my peripheral brain patterns. :wink: I try not to point out too much stuff or babble about it with other people, because I hear myself sounding kind of off the wall.

But you are not alone, my friend! You're just looking at the world with artistic eyes now. It's a good thing. :sun:

i hear ya man!! thats the artistic view...seeing everything through "glass"

i love it

md

Yeah, I just had one myself. I've been able to see things how a camera would see them for a little while, but what blows my mind now is that I'm seeing things more as they would look as a finished product. It seems like an obvious next step, but for some reason I wasn't taking it. Now when I look at a scene, the color drains away, the contrast goes up, all the things that fit my "style". I agree with you; it's way, way cool.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back