the vg-d70 grip for nikon d-70

Well it seems they're developing a battery grip for the D70.
HTH. :wink:

Just a little question if I may...why are you so set on getting a battery grip for the D70?

because grips make the camera look the dogs bollocks and the batteries usually last longer plus it makes portrait shooting easier. i have one on my F80 and never use it without!

whatever happened to turning the camera sideways...

i have a grip on my 10D that i would gladly not use on a regular basis if i could find the battery compartment door for the body of my camera.

md

MDowdey said:

i have a grip on my 10D that i would gladly not use on a regular basis if i could find the battery compartment door for the body of my camera.

md

When fitting the battery grip on a 10D the instructions suggest the original battery door be stowed in the portion of the grip that fits into the camera.
If whoever fitted it followed instructions the original door should be there so check it out.
HTH.

mrsid99 said:
MDowdey said:

md

When fitting the battery grip on a 10D the instructions suggest the original battery door be stowed in the portion of the grip that fits into the camera.
If whoever fitted it followed instructions the original door should be there so check it out.
HTH.

sid, you are awesome!!. ill check when i get home.

i guess it pays to read the instructions!!!

md

ajmall said:
because grips make the camera look the dogs bollocks and the batteries usually last longer plus it makes portrait shooting easier. i have one on my F80 and never use it without!

Err, thanks but I was asking Oavatos :wink: :lol:

Seriously, I realise why some people really like battery grips but I was wondering if Oavatos wanted one for a specific reason or just because he felt he had to have one.

As for making the batteries last longer...I shot over 400 pics yesterday, shot another 400 today without charging the battery and it still says full...how much battery power do you need? :shock: :)

well to clarify it for u...i have never been good at "just turning the camera the other way" like MD said....i have a very bad wrist(been broken 6 times in various spots!! :lol: ) and its not just a battery issue ant that u ask of....its the VERTICAL issue i need the most....its a key factor.....it does also add a tun more body surface to grasp which i like as well....for no reason at all does it actually take better pictures for me but it helps with stability......plus im not gonna lie to u.....i actually like the look of the full body but cannot afford the 5000dollar pro-bodies......

i hope this answers it for u and u shoulda known i had some personal reasoning for liking the grip, i mean it sounds like u want me to justify something that is to my liking, which i tried to do here.....

and btw.....why dont u like them now that ive told u y i like them??? :idea: :idea: ....its good to know if there r any disadvantages.....i had one for my n60 and it helped out a great deal......

A camera like the F/N80 really benefits from a battery grip cause it does make things easier to hang on to and gives you more battery life. The D70 however is the tallest camera I've ever owned next to an F4 and IMHO a battery grip would just make it too big. I have huge hands and the D70 fits perfect.

I love the battery grip on my 10D, it holds two batteries (which is probably not needed but makes me feel better) but mainly it has the shutter button and aperture wheel in position when taking vertical shots.
The only negative I can think of is weight....it's heavy!

i hope this answers it for u and u shoulda known i had some personal reasoning for liking the grip, i mean it sounds like u want me to justify something that is to my liking, which i tried to do here.....

Making you justify your decision is a little harsh. I was just interested why you wanted one in case you were unsure about the D70 battery life or something.

Also, the trouble with an awful lot of internet photography sites, although not this one fortunately, is that they can be full of people telling newbies that they've got to do something: "You've got to shoot RAW, You've got to shoot Canon/Nikon, you've got to have a battery grip, you need at least ten different lenses, etc. etc."

I've seen a lot of people that feel they need to have or do something just because somebody told them to...not because they've thought it out for themselves.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back