The View from a boat in Greece.

Emma14

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sexy-sparky44.piczo.com
Last year when i went to Greece, i got a few good shots of the Sun setting here they are:

view13.jpg

view12.jpg

view5.jpg

The camera i used was like really rubbish - so i guess they are not too bad.

the greenish spot on the first one is placed there on purpose?
If not, I would remove it with software.

The second one captures the mood and the light, just the composition is a bit boring, looking straight onto the coast at a 90 degrees angle. sometimes it is useful to have either an outstanding intersting perspective, or to have some additional subject i the image. In no. 2 a small boat would do the job for example (I know, hard to get it if there isn't any around ;) )

When there is no suitable boat, branch, twig, whatever there to be an interesting foreground, then moving the horizon can help composition not to be quite as boring, the rule of thirds applied maybe even to extremes could help, creating a very low horizon and lots of sky if the sky and its vastness and magnificence is supposed to be the theme of the photo (clouds in the sky would be nice for that concept!), or much more water could be included if the vastness of the sea is the main subject (but in that case - here I thoroughly agree with Alex - a boat would also help - like the clouds would with the sky).

Whenever you take photos of a water surface, make sure you get the horizon absolutely straight, else it looks like your frame will have to leak and the water will run out at one side.

I see you are still very young, only just turned 14, so you still have ever so much time to learn and learn more - that's what we're here for.

Welcome to ThePhotoForum, Emma.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back