The view from my deck.....Tips appreciated!

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is another one of my attempts at HDR from this evenings sunset. I couldn't figure out my new camera in time, so I was trying to use my NEX7. Well, every time i manually adjusted my exposure comp I moved the camera JUST a hair. Apparently photoshop can't handle that. Even my photomatix trial was having issues. Anyway, this was the best I could come up with tonight. I would really appreciate some tips+c&c etc. Ill have plenty of opportunity to redo this shot so I want to make it PERFECT. eventually.... ;-)

$14349005654_db10ba9281_c.jpg

I like the shape of your clouds -- it looks like a nose breathing out some rays...am I weird or something...:sexywink:

Okay, here is try 2. I tried to brighten the greens like you suggested, Vince, and I applied a lens correction. Its a little hard to eyeball the horizon because nothing is actually level..... Izzie, I do see the nose. LOL!$14166736840_023ec71818_c.jpg

The first thing you need to do is switch me views :) haha

Super. I don't think the small picture do justice to the photo. Try leveling the horizon with the left and right end and a little more tweeks. Keep this as your desktop photo :D

Do you think the highlights are a little blown out in the top of the clouds?

Do you think the highlights are a little blown out in the top of the clouds?
They are. :-( I was trying to do a 5 shot hdr, because the clouds were AWESOME! But when I was manually adjusting the exposure comp, I was slightly bumping the camera I guess. These were the ONLY two shots I could get to line up. I can't recover the clouds as they are. But I'm happy to post a picture of the clouds as I wanted them to be. ;-) lol

Mountains aren't level, therefore you cant really level them like you do an ocean scene.. Some of the clouds are a little blown out tho..

Should I crop out the overblown b
Part?

Really nice, but too bad the highlights are blown...

Try try try again!! Heres try number three, and I think I figured out my issue! it wasn't me moving the camera- it was the clouds blowing away! So I did an HDR conversion in cs6 Ignoring the clouds in order to get the sky and mountains "right" and then I took the clouds I liked, adjusted them and blended them in as a new layer. So, is the third try a charm, or am I still missing the mark?$14167862717_a1c171d21d_c.jpg

Attachments

• $14374400273_7903281b98_c.jpg
    $14374400273_7903281b98_c.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
Nice shot and nice view! I'd level off the base of the clouds if possible. May be the closest you can get to "feeling level" for the shot.

Most reactions

Back