The view from my deck.....Tips appreciated!

Try try try again!! Heres try number three, and I think I figured out my issue! it wasn't me moving the camera- it was the clouds blowing away! So I did an HDR conversion in cs6 Ignoring the clouds in order to get the sky and mountains "right" and then I took the clouds I liked, adjusted them and blended them in as a new layer. So, is the third try a charm, or am I still missing the mark?View attachment 76072

I much prefer the clouds in this one. The clouds look more natural and realistic than your first go around. Not so "brilliantly orange" and washed out at the top. Nice! :)

Nice shot and nice view! I'd level off the base of the clouds if possible. May be the closest you can get to "feeling level" for the shot.

I'll try again, it just seems like no matter what it doesn't look level. But come to think of it, that was before I did a lens correction filter. Maybe it will be easier now! I'll try again next time I can get to my computer.

I much prefer the clouds in this one. The clouds look more natural and realistic than your first go around. Not so "brilliantly orange" and washed out at the top. Nice! :)

Thanks! Are they over saturated?

I'll try again, it just seems like no matter what it doesn't look level. But come to think of it, that was before I did a lens correction filter. Maybe it will be easier now! I'll try again next time I can get to my computer.

You can level it in CS6 or NX-D if you are using Nikon. Lightroom as well.

Okay, is this level? Or am I still stoned? :giggle: $14374646253_43613f7564_c.jpg

JJ...do you still have the original file? If you do, can you please upload it as 1000 px on the longest side or 1200 px on the longest side? It might look better bigger. Just a suggestion...

I see where your going with it now...I'll have to see what I can do tomorrow! Thanks. I think I must have been staring at it for too long.

Most reactions

Back